New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Casco, Michigan
“Good, Bad and the Ugly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

Tough to describe this one. We had stayed here many times years ago when it was a Holiday Inn & very happy with it....Now....the property on the outside just did not look inviting and was that "Owned by bank" auction sign (actually 2 signs) for this property!? The joined restaurant was vacant and just added to the not inviting look.
We stayed on the 3rd floor and as we would get out of the elevator the hallway smelled SO bad (like old cigarette smoke?). Our room had some of the same smell even though there is no smoking in it. The room was decorated very nicely and was very clean. They serve a nice complementary breakfast and the staff is nice...so...a very mixed review. We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Charlotte (which is not that far away) the first night and it was GREAT!!! Something you may want to consider although the location of this Ramada property is very close to stores (Mall) and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Bloomington, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

Although a great location and fairly decent food for the conference I was attending and the hot breakfast was fine, my negatives far outweigh the positives. At the top is the fact that the pool and activity area is in the center of the hotel. Thus, if you have a room bordering it, it will be noisy and bright. Bright because they have designed the thicker, outer curtains to not close over the windows. Only a shear, see-through curtain is able to be pulled over the window. Also, although smoke free the halls smelled quite smokey. And finally, perhaps because of weather changes, my room was quite warm the first two nights and my air conditioner would not properly operate. They looked at it once but nothing changed. Finally on the last night the air was properly cooled. Not bad, but I would definitely suggest the Quality Suites across the way. It just felt run down.

Room Tip: Request an exterior room, not adjacent to the poo.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank damwilki
Melville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2011

The guy who would not recommend it must have his head up his butt. I booked threw orbits.com and got an additional 20% off for my stay since I was staying 3 nights.
I arrived around midnight and the staff was extremely friendly. They give u a map to find your room. Everything was clean. The only thing I was upset about is they didn't have black out curtains.
I normally stay at 5 star hotels when I go away but this was not a vacation and it's Michigan but it certainly was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2011
3 Thank DoriDe
Petoskey, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

I booked at the hotel because of having a 9 week training in their conference center. Conference facilities basic, looks like newer carpeting but furniture is worn-out. Hotel run-down, patch work on walls, mismatched paint jobs, electrical tape holding elevator button, stains, etc. Room smelled strongly of smoke (must have been a previous smoking room) yellow walls, torn sheets, grimy handprints all over headboard and furniture. The front desk person was either a super sarcastic gentlemen or just a rude guy. He was not very helpful until I walked down and said I was checking out and going to another hotel. Then he promptly went to investigate my room. Happily in a new hotel at the moment:)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lpeter299
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

My family and I recently went on a trip to Lansing, and we stayed at the Ramada on Saginaw Highway. After being there for a night, we discovered that this one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at! The overall appeal of the inside of the building was incredible. It was obvious that they had recently renovated, with new carpeting and updated rooms. Ramada had a very nice pool area as well, with appropriate temperatures of the water, and a clean pool deck. The front desk assistants were there ready to greet us when we walked in, and the check-in/check-out process was very prompt. Due to having many children, we needed some extra blankets, which with one call, were delivered to our door within minutes. The rooms were nice, clean, and spacious. The next morning, we went down to the continental breakfast and the staff there was tremendous as well. The food was great with many choices on the buffet stand for variety. Overall, my wife and I were very pleased with the quality, cleanliness, value, and location of the Ramada of Lansing. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends, and we look forward to staying there next time we are in town!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank thansbarger
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2010

I had a birthday party for my nephew - we rented a couple rooms so we could use the pool area. It was great since there were tables in the pool room for us to use - we ordered pizza and had cake and were able to watch the kids in the pool. The guestrooms were clean and large so we didn't feel crowded, and the hallways were quiet. Overall everything was great.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Hannah071
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

We travel a long way to get to the hotel. The Ramada sign wasn't lit up so we almost passed it . Lobby was nice and clean, desk clerk helpful. Our room had more than we needed and everything worked. We did notice It needs a touching up here and there but for my money it was great. We didn't even face the parking lot so it was quiet. Was closer to MSU Stallion Expo than we thought (about 15 minutes away). Had microwave and frig so we could have stuff in our room for snacking. Large desk for working and the large round seat with the chair that goes was with it was a nice touch. Lots of pillows. We don't care about the hallways as long as it is clean. Carpet was not spoiled anywhere we walked. I would come here again and would hope everyone has the same experience we did.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business