“Overall bad expierence...”

Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Holland, Michigan
“Overall bad expierence...”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

It was our daughters birthday and since my mother in law won a free night from her work, she would let us have it for our family. Upon arrival we noticed all the potholes in the driveway, and the outside looked outdated. Check in lady was extrememly rude. We had requested to be on the lower level because we had three children and she switched our rooms and ended up on the second floor. The dim, long narrow hallways made it unwelcoming... There weren't enough signs telling where to go, and if you blinked you missed the elevator. Oh and did I mention the musty smell as you enter the building? The keys to the room took forever to unlock the door and my husband had to request new keys. We checked the room and found some egg on the comforter. This really turned our stomach. We went to eat at A&W which was a great fast food restaurant and then took the kids swimming. The pool area was nice and warm and liked the hot tub. My daughters needed to use the restroom, so we did and when we flushed the toilet, the toilet overflowed. So we went to bed and woke up and got their complementary breakfast. It was waffles, potato, egg, biscuits and gravy, coffee, oj, cranberry juice, yogurt, bananas,.apples, and a few danishes. It was alright. Then the checkout... a few people ahead of me asked for 3 bags for their dirty laundry, and the worker didnt even smile, just throwing them at her and the guy before me that checked out needed a reciept and she basically threw it at him... Then it was me.... rude as ever... Although it was a free night stay for us... it was THE WORST hotel expierence.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Bay City, Michigan
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel when traveling for business and would recommend it for business and families. The room was very nice and large. A family of five would have plenty of room. There is a large indoor pool and play area that looked really nice and the hot breakfast was very good. The staff was also very friendly at both the front desk and at breakfast. Location is close to shopping and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank asnell515
Florida
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Stayed here in late October 2011.

The parking lot had huge potholes everywhere. The exterior of the hotel does not look inviting - looks very dated. Checkin was easy. After walking down a long hallway I walked into my room, which was very clean. The internet worked great. The TV, while old, was decent. The bed was comfortable.

Breakfast was average. Processed scrambled eggs, w/ sausage one day, and bacon the next. Hard (old) pastries, and bagels. Orange juice served in cups that resemble shot glasses (I had to fill up two at a time).

The fitness center consisted of a cable machine that appeared very old, two treadmills, and a stationary bike - all in less than average condition. I walked through, but did not use the pool area. It was clean, with some children's games inside. To give an example of the hotel - there is a ping pong table in the children's area. The net is stretched, no ping pong balls, and old worn paddles. This is about what the entire hotel is like. Clean, but old, and not maintained.

I did notice someone was spray painting ceiling stains throughout the hall ways. This hotel had seen better days - but I paid less than $50, and got about what I expected.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DEI2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Stayed for one night. Had a room on the first floor close to the lobby. Room was large, comfortable and clean, though not perfect. Big red nail polish stain on the carpet, a rather poorly done stucco job on the bathroom ceiling, sorta lame lighting, and an outdated TV. On the other hand, the room was huge, the place was quiet, the price was right (thanks discount services!), and the hot breakfast was better than average. I might stay there again, but only if it came up as my "mystery" place in a discount deal....

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MarkAW-GRMI
Oak Park, Illinois
Reviewed 1 September 2011

People were nice and the bed was fine. And the price was very good. But otherwise: yikes! Feels like it was built in 1970 as a dorm. Very institutional. The doors were narrow. Hallways very long and straight after getting through labyrinth of heavy wooden doors.

Chair was broken. A/C unit had missing cover - many layers of dust on display. The carpet was worn. Seriouly warn. The walls were heavily scuffed. The pool area was seriously drab, though I don't think really little ones would mind. To me it was just a very depressing place.

And I walked through one of those doors into a long hallway to find a security guard hanging out by one of the doors. Wierd. Gave me a fright. Nothing wrong with having security but it felt real creepy there.

Great price for a reasonable place to rest your head but I'm not going back!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank GregOakPark

Travellers are raving about these Lansing hotels

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I have stayed here numerous times and really don't have any complaints. It's not fancy, but it is clean and the staff is nice. If there is ever a problem they will fix it very quickly, even if it means switching you to another room. The breakfast is good. The pool is nice, so is the hot tub. The beds are comfy and the rooms are well stocked with towels and toiletries. I will stay here many more times, I am sure.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank wondra63
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We had our wedding reception here and stayed in the honeymoon suite. The staff was so accomodating and helpful to all our guests. We had a lot of out of town family staying, and everyone loved their rooms as well. The hot breakfast was very good, lots of variety. We also had the bachelorette party here and rented 5 adjoining rooms. They were all nicely updated with comfortable beds. I highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple