Americas Best Value Inn Livonia/Detroit
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
Chicago, Illinois
“great”
Reviewed 12 January 2011

the rooms are very clean and warm they really keep them up and the people are very friendly i don't stay no where else but there rooms are always open for my convenience i have even got my family to stay there and they really enjoyed it and the price keep up the good work.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
maclivonia, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Livonia/Detroit, responded to this review, 18 January 2011
Thanks for the kind words, hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
St. Louis
Reviewed 14 October 2009

Stayed at this location on Schoolcraft Road on I-96 east of Plymouth with 3 overseas guests who fortunately had previously experienced the true Super 8 standard that I have become accustomed to in 20 years or more of staing at Super 8 facilities.

The owner and staff of this place betrayed that standard with their uncaring and cavalier attitude regarding the facility's deficiencies.

Complaints lodged within 1st hour of check-in:

Lobby's soda machine not working
Ice machine not working
Safety box - in neither of the two rooms I had booked - not working

No attempt was made to fix any of these deficiencies in the 2 days we stayed, and no apology was offered for the substandard services.

The breakfast bar was the most under-supplied I've ever seen. No milk available for cereal; minmal variety (and quantity) of available grains (cereal / breads), don't think there was any fruit. Had to ask for preserves, etc. There was no improvement on the second morning.

Do NOT, under any circumstances contemplate staying at this location if the same (mis)management is there as when we had the misfortune of staying at it. You can get far better service at the Canton Super 8 – just 15 minutes away on I-275 just south of Plymouth.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
We would like to apologize for your inconvience during the stay. We would like you to know that we are no longer a Super 8 and have now become an Americas Best Value Inn. Along with that change, we have made many improvements at our property which we are sure you will like. Please try us again. Thank you
Michigan
Reviewed 20 October 2008

Needed an inexpensive place for 1 night and this was not the cheapest around, but one of the lower priced options that was nearby. Had to pay the same price that I pay elsewhere for really nice hotels and this was not worth the money paid. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful, but the room needed some help. It was in working order, but the walls were all patched from pipe repair without being painted and the finish was gone from the tub. No toiletries were provided. The linens were scratchy, but that is a good sign to me as that means they are heavily washed and bleached. Room was not dirty, but with the disrepair it does not seem "clean". The area was not very secure, but we are talking about Detroit, here, so you have to have a reasonable expectation. About what I would expect from this class of hotel, but not worth the price and not as good as other super 8's I have stayed in for less money. Would stay again in a pinch if it was the last choice, but next time will travel farther out and spend the extra drive time.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — room quality
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. Since your stay, we have made many improvements on the property and have changed to Americas Best Value Inn. Please try us again when you are in the area.
Southaven Ms
Reviewed 15 November 2007

Stayed four nights , Okay but walls are thin and I could easily hear noise from outside and above .
The bathroom faucet dripped constantly with poor water flow. .. I stayed in the king basic and it was clean and sparse.

• Liked — location not far from UM hospital
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
We appreciate the comments and would like you to know that we are now an Americas Best Value Inn and have made many positive changes to our hotel. Please try us again, thank you.
Forks
Reviewed 7 September 2007

I stayed at the Super 8 in Livonia for several days during the last week of August as I was visiting family and preferred my own quiet space at the end of each hectic day. This hotel met my expectations and exceeded them. I had an excellent room (junior suite) with couch, table, very comfortable bed, high-speed internet wireless access in the room, an in-room safe, microwave, mini fridge, and large comfortable bathroom. I liked the fact that I was able to park right outside my door and gain easy access to the car when I needed to. The staff of this particular hotel were very friendly and helpful and they all had smiles on their faces whenever I ran into them. I was also able to do my laundry at the hotel when, unfortunately, my mom's plumbing went haywire during my stay and she had to have the water shut off and her basement floor ripped open for pipe replacement. I could do my laundry and relax in my room at the same time. There was never any noise at this hotel, I could sleep soundly, could leave my laptop and other electronic items in the in-room safe for the day without worry, and could store sodas and water in the fridge as well as heat water in the microwave for morning instant coffee.

All in all, this Super 8 was a reasonable cost for 4 nights and was a pleasant stay. Next year when I visit my family again I plan on staying in the exact same room. I highly recommend the Livonia Super 8 to anyone who needs to stay in the area.

• Liked — Location and easy access on freeway service drive.
  • Disliked — Nothing, this was a perfect hotel in my opinion.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank forksbear
Thank you very much for your positive comments, we hope to see you again.
iowa
Reviewed 4 August 2007

I booked this place from Hotels.com due to needing something cheap for one night to sleep. Had to catch a train at 7am in Detroit and not from the area. I had requested a room with a hottub, though I had no guarantee of getting it, with a 2 day notice.
Lots of places to eat nearby. Room was clean and I did get the one with a hottub. Hot tub worked great. Had a wake up call at 5am.
Was impressed with the stay and very cheap.

• Liked — Hot tub in the room.
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything.
  • Stayed September 2003, travelled as a couple
2 Thank heavanly5
Thanks for taking the time to give you input, hope you will stay again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livonia
15.3 km away
8.2 km away
BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel
9.8 km away
Hyatt Place Detroit/Livonia

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Livonia/Detroit? Share your experiences!