See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 22, 2020

The hotel was a little pricey, which wasn’t a huge deal. The huge deal was when I got charged $150 on my card without notice. I called them and they said towels and keys were missing. Unfortunately, the towels were in the bathroom and the keys were left in a plastic drop box on the counter in the main office. The girl I talked to on the phone kept accusing me when I am not that type of person to steal. Then she hung up on me!! That really is not good customer service and obviously they are the guilty ones by hanging up on me!! DO NOT recommend this place at all! We had no problems with the other 2 hotels we stayed at on our vacation.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 850sunshinek
Reviewed August 9, 2020 via mobile

We stayed here before boarding the SS Badger the next morning. This hotel was average but adequate. It was clean and easy to get to. Very convenient to nearby stores and restaurants as well as downtown Ludington.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank BCox5495
Reviewed October 25, 2019

Room was in the back of the second floor. It was quiet as it backed up to an open field. Service was excellent and the breakfast was very good. It was late in the travel season, so the hotel was not very booked and the breakfast room was not very busy.

Room tip: As patronage was light, I would recommend a room on the back side of the hotel.
1  Thank angerman46307
Reviewed October 22, 2019

I planned a last minute trip to Ludington. Initially I picked Roadway Inn because of the price. Overall I was pleasantly surprised.

The rooms where nice and clean. I booked a king size bedroom. There was enough room for two people. We had a flat screen tv which was nice. The biggest surprise for me was the hair dryer in the room. I was extremely happy they had one. The one downside of the room was the bed. Very firm and hard. Would not be the best for someone who needs a soft mattress.

The location was good. About 5-10 minutes from the downtown area and the lake. Its a straight shot down the road. There are a lot of convenient stores and fast food options around, if you are looking for a bite to eat. We did not partake in the free breakfast, but it included cereal, donuts, bagels etc. You could also make your own waffles which looked tasty.

Overall with the price and the room, I was very satisfied.

Reviewed October 12, 2019

The Rodeway Inn is quite adequate for a quick over night stay after a ride across Lake Michigan on the SS Badger. However after a long cold October day on the lake, and in the dark in the rain, it is quite difficult to find the driveways (yes there are two) off of the highway and back to the hotel. The hotel is set back from the highway and the area is not well lighted.
The room was clean, the bed a bit firmer than I personally like, but others my find this much to their liking.
Breakfast was, IMHO, totally inadequate. The coffee is served only with a “creamer” substitute, no half&half, no milk. Waffles, fruit, some bread, a 100% carbohydrate breakfast, about the least expensive, and unhealthy one can have. Luckily there is a Mickey-D's near by where one can get something a bit more.