“Good food”

Chateau Louise Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Luna Pier
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Chicken basket was good as always. Crispy moist chicken. Great French fries. Very good fried mushrooms. Hopefully the new owners will keep it up.

Reviewed February 11, 2018

Excellent!!! Excellent!!! Excellent!!!! Ggeat walleye, Great perch, Great chicken. Know for their monster hamburger. Not a place to pass up. Attentive wait staff.

Reviewed November 29, 2017 via mobile

If you are a fan of fresh water seafood this the place. If not come for the local small town feel. Lunch is served at the bar. They grind there own burgers, not bad. I would like to return for dinner.

Reviewed July 8, 2017

The first thing you realize about the Chateau is that you can't judge the food by the building or the furnishings. Nothing has been updated since the sixties or seventies. However, if you like exceptional fried seafood this is your place.
We arrived at about 7 on a Saturday night and were seated immediately. Our waitress Sheila was excellent. She not only was careful to ask for and get our order correct but she also extremely nice and made sure to check on us to make sure everything was great.
The menu is very simple. Fried seafood is the specialty of the house and it does not disappoint. We had the lake perch. The meal was incredible. It came with chicken rice soup, a salad, relish tray and bread basket. This was followed by the main course which was six or seven very nice perch filets battered lightly and deep fried to perfection and served with a great baked potato. They also have pickerel, shrimp, clams, scallops and frog legs served the same way. They also serve chicken and beef but we did not try that during our visit. In terms of value I would say that you get an enormous amount of food for the price. The perch dinner was 21.50 and a glass of house wine was 4.50. Definitely worth a visit if you aren't watching your diet or for a cheat meal!

Reviewed June 1, 2017

Chateau Louise has been in exisyptance longer than me and I'm 77 years old. I think it's been under the present management for the last 35 years or more. A couple of years ago I was in the bar area with my sister and found out my Dad and Grandad used to go there 110 years ago and my Grabdparents had a place right behind the restaurant. It's no wonder, there food is perfect, it would be hard to beat. I've had the steak, burger, fish, meatloaf and every homemade pie Bob the owner makes, delicious . The
The last time I went here was about a week ago, the for sale sign is up but don't let that scare you away, it's still great food. The
last time I had the fish sandwich, perch and onion rings, fresh made and the BEST add the coleslaw and you have a wonderful meal. I finished with a piece of raspberry pie, it was perfect. The price is nice so why nor give Italian try, I bet you'll go more than once.