1,353 results
All reviews pink pony hot tub main street milk and cookies view from the balcony top floor living area turn down service overlooking the water favorite hotel perfect location great place to stay ferry dock beds were very comfortable wonderful hotel fort mackinac coffee maker
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Avery quaint old hotel on main st Mackinac Island Located on the water very near to the old fort. Our room was small but well appointed and decorated. Very small bathroom. Enjoyed listening to the sound of horses hoofs as we rested our bed. Only a block from the ferry dock. A nice restaurant and bar in the hotel, good food but very noisy. Directly across the street from a great fudge shop.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2018

This was our 9th year at the chippewa. Unfortunately i got a call on the drive up that morning and was told our suite received storm damage and we wouldn't be able to stay there. Bart found us a room at their sister hotel the lilac tree. Room was nice and they they also left a nice note and candies with a apology. Best of all the chippewa picked up the hotel tab for 3 nights. Thanks again Bart !!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank nickemdo
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

The Hotel Chippewa is located at the end of the Main Street on Mackinac Island. It’s close to restaurants, bike rentals, the marina, the Fort, the bike trails, the ferries...pretty much everything. It’s also close to about half of the island’s 14 fudge shops.

Our room was really big. We had one room with two queen beds, a large bathroom, and another large room that was a living area with plenty of seating. Glass doors led onto a private balcony and to great views of the water. I forgot to mention that it’s quiet. We rarely heard our neighbors.

The staff at the Chippewa were very helpful and helped us rent bikes, find places to eat, and made us feel welcome. If I’m lucky enough to ever go back to Mackinac Island, this is the place I’d want to stay.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Stayed here in August on a bachelorette party weekend. Wonderful convenient location to the ferry, restaurants, bars, shopping and church! Clean and charming hotel and will definitely be back! Can’t wait to bring my husband back ❤️

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

I've been to Mackinaw Island so many times I've lost count. I've stayed at several places but I keep coming back to the Chippewa Hotel. Why? The location is amazing right on the water, close to the ferry dock, close to the bike rental and close to all the great places to eat. But most of all great staff!!

Date of stay: August 2018