1,100 results
All reviews indoor pool omelet front porch discount card main street rocking chairs continental breakfast turret room quiet hours hot tub star line ferry hotel restaurant ferry tickets convenient location people watching beds were comfortable staff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and quaint. The lobby was gorgeous and the porch was so cozy and welcoming! The continental breakfast was always fully stocked and had a variety of food and drinks to choose from. We didn't get a chance to use the pool, but it was always being cleaned in the morning and was a very nice size! I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2018

The hotel is in a very good location in town on the island. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Our bedroom and bathroom were very large, but flocked in ancient wallpaper. Bathroom is out of date and shower is tiny.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool don't have a window to the outdoors so rooms are dark
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2018

I booked a last minute trip to the island and only had two hotels to choose from due to most being already booked. I choose this one for the free breakfast. The staff at the front desk were very friendly upon arrival, when I needed change and when I had some questions.Very quick check in and check out. I even received a text message around 1 pm that my room was ready.

I booked a deluxe king and didn't realize that it came with a whirlpool tub. That was a nice surprise but the tub is older. This one looked clean and was extremely large. It was a bit difficult getting in and out of it due to the large tile ledge and no hand rails. I ended up bruising my leg on one of the jets in the tub that sticks out. Again, a very old design and I didn't end up using the whirlpool feature after the initial turn on and off.

The shower was very small. I'm 5'4 and the shower head was almost at eye level. The shampoo, conditioner and body soap was decent. The freestanding A/C worked well and was loud but I was grateful as the foot traffic below on the street could get quite loud. The building is old so my room door could be difficult to open. It seemed to act up about mid day, probably due to humidity in the building. The furniture is cheap and the toss pillow on the bed was heavily stained. Im not sure why housekeeping didn't swap it out with another one. I kept putting it on the floor away from the bed. Kind of gross really.

The bed was somewhat comfortable but the pillows had lived their lifespan. They were quite flat. Housekeeping staff were polite and welcoming. The reason I choose this hotel was the free breakfast. I was hoping for something along the lines of the Hampton where there are some warm foods. You could order an omelet for 5 dollars and I did the first day but it was too loaded with the very few items I had added to the egg. The rest of the options were a hard boiled egg, cottage cheese and starches with cereal and breads. I skipped it the last day I was there.

The most annoying thing about the hotel are how loud the doors are when you are in your room. There were people on my floor that returned around 2 am and their doors closing shook my room and startled me awake. Took me a while to get back to sleep only to be jarred awake again with the door slamming. The employees made this hotel shine.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2018

I stayed here for 2 nights with my husband and our 2 kids. Everything was perfect for us.

The location is wonderful, right in town, close to all shops and restaurants.

The lobby is decorated nicely. The front desk staff were very friendly and eager to help with anything.

We had a room with 2 queen beds. The room was very spacious, which is unusual to find on the island. We had a huge bathroom with a jetted tub and separate shower. Plenty of room for our family and all of our stuff.

The pool area is great! Nice, heated indoor pool, hot tub that is actually hot and a dry sauna. Staff kept the area very clean and well stocked with towels at all times.

Breakfast was also included. Basic hotel breakfast but its still nice that it's included. They do have an omelet station that does cost and additional $5. Other than that they have bagels, toast, waffles, yogurt with granola, hard boiled eggs, fruit, cereal and oatmeal, great selection of fresh donuts and huge muffins. Plenty selection for everyone.

I would highly recommend staying here and will stay again the next time we visit the Island

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2018

I arrived on the ferry in the morning and was able to stow my bag here in the luggage room while I went horseback riding, then come back to access it when I needed to change gear for another activity. After lunch, I was able to check into my room a little bit early which was nice.

Room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. I had two windows facing the main street and offering a nice view of activity below. When I showered in the morning, I found that the hair dryer didn't work. Usually I bring my own but I packed light since I was only staying here one night and had to drag everything over on the ferry. Other than that everything was in working order.

The indoor hot tub and pool were very nice and relaxing. I enjoyed spending some time there and meeting and talking to other guests.

They have a continental breakfast, but it's not anything special. Your traditional bagels, toast, fruit, etc. You can add an omelette but that costs extra.

The hotel is conveniently located to most of the things you would want to do on the island including the ferry, restaurants, shops, stables, bike rental, etc.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo