“Lunch menu different from Dinner menu”

The Yankee Rebel Tavern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 9 October 2017

We came to this restaurant because of the food pics on yelp. But when we arrived, we are told that the lunch menu is different from the dinner menu, and all the food that we want to order is on the dinner menu. But we ordered anyway, and for lunch, the food is normal burgers and sandwiches, they are just Ok, but the fries are super good.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We ate here one evening while on the island. Place was fairly busy but the hostess set us fairly quickly. The decor was nice, kind of warm feeling. But we both thought the food was just OK. My wife had chicken marsala which was actually a half chicken, with bones, and some type of marsala sauce poured over it. We are more used to the traditional Italian restaurant method of making chicken marsala. I had baked white fish. They left the skin on the fish. You did get a couple of pieces but one of mine had a strong fish taste to it which I don't really like. We were just disappointed. And the two dinners with two drinks cost $75 without the tip. I know you pay higher prices on the island but I would have liked better quality food.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Stopped here for supper during September 2017. The meal was fantastic, I highly recommend it for anyone visiting the island. Great food, great service. We will definitely return to eat here.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I ate at the Yankee Rebel Tavern during our "mini-moon" after getting married on the island. We both had the burger, which was absolutely fantastic!! The brisket blend was outstanding, the fries perfectly crisp and seasoned and the ranch (the most important part for me!! Lol) was delicious!!! ;) And coming from a ranch snob like me, that's a huge compliment!! Our server was friendly and very efficient. We always love eating here...thanks for another great experience!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

One of the better places to eat, on the Island. For dinner try the Smoked Gouda Macaroni And Cheese, filling and good. And for lunch try the Whitefish Basket, Beer battered whitefish. Prices aren't to bad for Mackinac Island, the service is good too.