“Good hotel for price and location”

Days Inn & Suites-Mackinaw City-Bridgeview Lodge
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Dekalb,IL
“Good hotel for price and location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

My wife and I just back from staying at the Days Inn Bridgeview . There is no view of the bridge from the room we had ,but noticed a lot of the hotels that advertise bridgeview don't really have a view of the bridge. The room was average nice for what we needed all your suppose to do on vacation in the room is sleep. Hotel was nice because it was far enough the beating path you didn't get a lot of traffic outside, but you were close enough to walk to the sights and with all the fudge you'll need to walk. Last the staff was very friendly and helpful a special thanks to Becky very helpful wish every hotel had a person this helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Monroe, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

I would not stay at this hotel again. The name of the hotel is misleading because there is no view of the bridge. The beds were terrible it felt like you were sleeping on a bed of rocks. Housekeeping didn't show up to clean the room until 6 p.m., what's the point of that. The free hot breakfast was a joke. Steamed scrambled eggs, cold biscuits, sausage gravy and countless rolls and bagels. I hardly enjoyed my vacation because of lack of sleep due to the very uncomfortable beds. I would never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Mackinaw City hotels

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2009

Stayed here for two nights while visiting Mackinac Island and Pictured Rocks Lakeshore. The room size is adequate - maybe a bed is bit soft, but other than that, we really enjoyed it. The indoor pool was great - our daughter loved it (there is a pool and jacuzzi). The breakfast offered quiete a variety of options. Overall, we loved it and would recommend staying here while visiting Northern Michigan.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2009

We spent three nights in Mackinaw City recently. After spending two nights at the Holiday Inn Express (see my previous reviews) we had to move to the Days Inn. The H.I.E. recommended this hotel because they are owned by the same company. Had I known about the king suite at the Days Inn I would have stayed there instead! For $20 more a night we got a two room suite with three T.V.s (ones in the bathroom), much more comfortable bed, and a quieter 3rd floor experience. Sure the room had it's minor problems. The worst being that there was garbage and popcorn under the T.V cabinet and the refrigerator cabinet. It's showing it's age but the H.I.E. isn't all that new either. Housekeeping could be a little more attentive to water spots on the mirrors and spiderwebs on the deck but maybe I got them on a bad day. The room was very quiet and we slept well. The breakfast is what you would expect. The nice thing about this hotel (and the H.I.E.) is that they are pet-friendly and don't charge a pet fee. Just like a hotel should. We travel to the straits area several times a year and now we are going to start coming to the Days Inn instead of the Baymont or H.I.E.
Pros:
1. King suite is quiet and roomy.
2. Nice price for this town.
3. Pet Friendly
Cons:
1. Housekeeping is lacking
2. Property is showing it's age

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lungfruit
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2009

We returned here after having a nice stay last year. Again, my family was pleased with the rates, service, and room. The pool is our favorite feature. It was warm and enjoyable for the whole family. The location is good, close to the town's main shopping and dining area. The service is friendly and the rate is one of the most reasonable in town. I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank aerlich
Green Bay, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2009

This was an OK hotel - if you like roughing it, which is sort of what we felt like we were doing. Web site said rooms were renovated but apparently ours wasn't. Picked this hotel because of location, free breakfast, and pet friendly. Small beds, small room, outdated, could use thorough spring cleaning, AC musty, bathroom with spiders and cobwebs in corners, faucets don't work in unison, husband burned his hand, shower did not drain properly, last day we skipped the shower because of the yuck factor and waited until we got home, pool area could use thorough hose down, could hear people above us rolling suitcases down the walkway -sounded like thunder. Stayed 3 nights, skipped the "free breakfast" and went elsewhere the last two a.m.'s since the set up was crowded and the staff did not do a good job of keeping items restocked. Tough manuevering from lobby area to parking lot if you have a larger vehicle. On a good note, it was only three blocks from the lake, about three from the shopping district of Mackinaw City, and just a few more to the ferries. We enjoyed Mill Creek Adventure Park and Mackinac Island which was the reason for our visit.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank pomsrule
Indianapolis, IN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2009

This motel could be nice if they would just clean the rooms and provide clean, fresh linen. When we arrived, our bathroom was not clean. The sink had toothpaste residue, hair, etc., the toilet had a ring , there was very little toilet paper, and the tub still contained the dirt from guests prior. Our towels and bed linens were soiled. We arrived late, so I waited until the next day to bring this to the attention of the front desk. They sighed as if they were already aware of these issues, apologized and promised these things would be taken care of. The next day after the room was "cleaned"-same thing. This time I took a towel to the front desk and showed them and they cringed. The linens looked that nasty. They apologized and went and got me all new linens. This time the towels were actually white and looked clean, but bed linen still had the same brown and red stains and tire tracks/footprint as the linen in my room. On day 4, the toilet got cleaned but nothing else and the air conditioner began to blow out hot air. I actually had to go ask for toilet paper on day 5. Though the location was good, I just can't stay here again and I can't recommend it.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family