See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 11, 2017

Booked this hotel second time while visiting the island . The location is good and hotel rooms were neat and clean. Breakfast area was busy but its a good add-on for the stay . Would definitely refer it to all who are visiting Mackinaw/island,

Room Tip: rooms with 2 Queen beds are good.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Bayside Hotel is in a very convenient location, it is clean, the staff is excellent, the breakfast area and the food is very nice, and the waterpark is sooo much fun! Plus there is an arcade and gym. It also has a laundry room which was very nice because we had camped before our stay. We stay at this hotel every year and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I don't think it's necessary to get a Lakeview room, I'd recommend closer to breakfast and/or pool area.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2017

It's a basic hotel, nothing super fancy, but perfect for a night or two. Has a great pool/water play area indoors, though it's quite warm. Breakfast was average, but the staff was very friendly. We wound up in an accessible King size room on the first floor. Had a mini fridge. My parents were next door and also had a microwave- their room was a little nicer for some reason. It was clean, and everything we needed for a 1 night stay in Mackinac city after a day on the island. It's right across from the ferry and offers discounted rates, which is great. Husband watched the NBA finals on the tv.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

Positives: friendly front desk staff, close access to ferry, reasonable bargain
Negatives: beds older and hard, pillows not really comfortable. Breakfast was Atrocious!!! Food all over the floor, sticky table tops, gray-hued fruit, limited choices.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2017

I was terribly disappointed in this hotel! I had called and confirmed on Wednesday before the Saturday we checked in, only to have them call to see if we were coming! Then check In, I was told we each had to fill out a form for the water park next door, they share it, as with the breakfast, and I specifically asked if we needed to do any thing else to get into park, and they said no, what a lie, daughter had to go through hoops to get it threw their heads she was our granddaughter's mother and signature! Only to have water park close at 10:00 OK, then not open again til after checkout at noon, really, checkout is 11:00! Rooms a disaster! Had caramel corn on floor and we didn't have any caramel corn!! Black hairs in botn beds!no outlet cover over outlets, the bathroom ledge falling off, dust and dirt in corners, not a place I would recommend, sorry. The breakfast items were good, a hot breakfast bar shared by both hotels evidently. The halls were ungodly hot, house keeping left their tubs of towels and laundry in hallway. Asked if by chance I could get a cup of milk for our granddaughter to get to sleep, they acted like I asked for the moon, so walked next door to restaurant and they gave us a huge Cup for free! So sweet. I usually don't put negativity on here but it's not like what it says on its web page. They need desperately to upgrade the simple things!! And you could see out in hall way from the door frames!

Room Tip: They said they had free Wi-Fi but we couldn't connect, it had indoor little water park for kids, hot tub , but didn't go by it.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family