See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 16, 2017

I booked our room online, and got a package deal which included the Mackinaw Island Carriage tour and Butterfly House. When we checked in, we were charged for our room, but nothing was said about the package. I guess it was partly my fault for not asking about it, but since it was listed on my printout we assumed that we just took that to the island to get our tickets for the prices that were quoted. When we got to the island, and went to the ticket counter we were told no, the hotel was supposed to provide us with the tickets, because they have a contract. Luckily I hadn't prepaid for them, as they wouldn't honor anything, and we had to purchase our tickets. There wasn't really much of a price difference, so it wasn't a big deal, but it was just the idea that we thought we were getting a package, and the hotel staff apparently didn't know about it. The girl at the front desk was not very friendly, and gave us no information about anything. She did mention the times for breakfast, but didn't inform us that it wasn't served in the breakfast room that is in the lobby. We found out later that it was served in the hotel next door. (The two hotels are connected by a very long series of hallways!) Nothing at all was mentioned about a pool, water park, etc, which were also in the other hotel. Our room was ok, it had a refrigerator, and was clean. The beds were so hard though that I had trouble sleeping the first night. On the second night I put one of the pillows under my leg to cushion it. (I have fibromyalgia, and the hard bed made it very painful to sleep.) We did use the hot tub, once we followed all of the signs to find it, and it was nice, and very large, but it closes at 10:00 pm. The room was very loud, with the water park feature, but it was nice. The proximity to the Starline boat dock was perfect, right across the road. The price of the hotel was reasonable, and our stay wasn't bad, it was just a bit misleading to say they offer all of these things, but don't tell you that you have to walk through a maze of hallways to find them. The front desk staff also need a bit of training in being friendly and informative! I would probably check around and stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2017

Booked this hotel second time while visiting the island . The location is good and hotel rooms were neat and clean. Breakfast area was busy but its a good add-on for the stay . Would definitely refer it to all who are visiting Mackinaw/island,

Room Tip: rooms with 2 Queen beds are good.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Bayside Hotel is in a very convenient location, it is clean, the staff is excellent, the breakfast area and the food is very nice, and the waterpark is sooo much fun! Plus there is an arcade and gym. It also has a laundry room which was very nice because we had camped before our stay. We stay at this hotel every year and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I don't think it's necessary to get a Lakeview room, I'd recommend closer to breakfast and/or pool area.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2017

It's a basic hotel, nothing super fancy, but perfect for a night or two. Has a great pool/water play area indoors, though it's quite warm. Breakfast was average, but the staff was very friendly. We wound up in an accessible King size room on the first floor. Had a mini fridge. My parents were next door and also had a microwave- their room was a little nicer for some reason. It was clean, and everything we needed for a 1 night stay in Mackinac city after a day on the island. It's right across from the ferry and offers discounted rates, which is great. Husband watched the NBA finals on the tv.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

Positives: friendly front desk staff, close access to ferry, reasonable bargain
Negatives: beds older and hard, pillows not really comfortable. Breakfast was Atrocious!!! Food all over the floor, sticky table tops, gray-hued fruit, limited choices.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends