See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 17, 2017

The room size was ok, but it wasn't clean. There was spider web hanging from the ceiling , there were crumbs on the floor, the room had weird smell, all the furniture was dusty and the coffee machine was disgusting. There was a can of Coke left in the fridge and a nasty old hair brush on the chair. One of the lights wasn't working.
The water park was ok, the kids loved it at least. The pool was full of chlorine and even eyes were burning.
Breakfast was ok, everyday the same. The last day there were out of coffee and juice. There is a game room that the kids loved.
Great location.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2017

We saw an ad that stated brand new on 2017. We had reserved 2 rooms. We arrive and find it was a very old hotel and not kept up very well. After the first night, we return to our room at 9:30pm to find out they didn't clean it. The other room, the towels were picked up, the beds were left un made and the bathroom was dirty. The front desk gave me fresh towels and stated that the cleaning people marked it cleaned when actually it wasn't. Breakfast wasn't great. Ran out of orange juice at 7:30am and never refilled it. Very disappointed with this place.

Reviewed July 16, 2017

I booked our room online, and got a package deal which included the Mackinaw Island Carriage tour and Butterfly House. When we checked in, we were charged for our room, but nothing was said about the package. I guess it was partly my fault for not asking about it, but since it was listed on my printout we assumed that we just took that to the island to get our tickets for the prices that were quoted. When we got to the island, and went to the ticket counter we were told no, the hotel was supposed to provide us with the tickets, because they have a contract. Luckily I hadn't prepaid for them, as they wouldn't honor anything, and we had to purchase our tickets. There wasn't really much of a price difference, so it wasn't a big deal, but it was just the idea that we thought we were getting a package, and the hotel staff apparently didn't know about it. The girl at the front desk was not very friendly, and gave us no information about anything. She did mention the times for breakfast, but didn't inform us that it wasn't served in the breakfast room that is in the lobby. We found out later that it was served in the hotel next door. (The two hotels are connected by a very long series of hallways!) Nothing at all was mentioned about a pool, water park, etc, which were also in the other hotel. Our room was ok, it had a refrigerator, and was clean. The beds were so hard though that I had trouble sleeping the first night. On the second night I put one of the pillows under my leg to cushion it. (I have fibromyalgia, and the hard bed made it very painful to sleep.) We did use the hot tub, once we followed all of the signs to find it, and it was nice, and very large, but it closes at 10:00 pm. The room was very loud, with the water park feature, but it was nice. The proximity to the Starline boat dock was perfect, right across the road. The price of the hotel was reasonable, and our stay wasn't bad, it was just a bit misleading to say they offer all of these things, but don't tell you that you have to walk through a maze of hallways to find them. The front desk staff also need a bit of training in being friendly and informative! I would probably check around and stay somewhere else next time.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

Booked this hotel second time while visiting the island . The location is good and hotel rooms were neat and clean. Breakfast area was busy but its a good add-on for the stay . Would definitely refer it to all who are visiting Mackinaw/island,

Room Tip: rooms with 2 Queen beds are good.
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Bayside Hotel is in a very convenient location, it is clean, the staff is excellent, the breakfast area and the food is very nice, and the waterpark is sooo much fun! Plus there is an arcade and gym. It also has a laundry room which was very nice because we had camped before our stay. We stay at this hotel every year and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I don't think it's necessary to get a Lakeview room, I'd recommend closer to breakfast and/or pool area.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family