“DRIVER”

Mackinaw Trolley- Day Tours
Ranked #3 of 6 Tours in Mackinaw City
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

We took the 7:30 tour which online says was a sunset tour . Our group was at the pick up point early,and so was the trolley. That's when thingy went down hill. The driver decided to wait an extra 20 minutes for other groups to show up, after which he told us we were going to miss the sunset because we were running late. He then took his time driving around town giving us history lessons, which I normally like, but he kept losing track of what he was talking about, meanwhile telling us about 6 times that it wasn't going to be a good sunset anyway. We brought up the fact to him that if he cut some of the stops a little shorter,we might have a chance of seeing the sunset.then he told us this really wasn't advertised as a sunset tour. BULL!

1  Thank Larry B
"rainy day"
"beautiful sunset"
"upper peninsula"
in 3 reviews
"great view of the bridge"
"stops"
in 6 reviews
"mackinac"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed August 4, 2017

Mike was our driver/tour guide. Depth of knowledge was excellent.

Trolley picks up and drops off right at your hotel.

A must do to see and learn the history.

Beautiful sunset coming back from crossing the Mackinaw Bridge.

Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed July 22, 2017

Mike narrated our tour and is really knowledgeable, his understanding of the area's history is remarkable and really enhanced the tour.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

The historical tour was very informative. We had been to the city many times, but found new information on many things.

1  Thank F6465UJdianac
See more reviews
Reviewed July 10, 2017

As we were staying in St. Ignace and not Mackinaw City, we called to find out the times and prices of the tours. They run one morning tour (10:30) and 2 afternoon tours which also go over the Mackinaw Bridge and back. We wanted the morning tour but the hotels in St Ignace do not sell tickets for this tour. We were told to go to Super 8 Bridgeview in Mackinaw and they could sell us the tickets and we would be picked up at that hotel. We drove to the hotel and parked the car, arriving about 9:55 am. I went inside to the office and asked to purchase 2 tickets. I was told that because I was not a registered guest, they could not sell me tickets as they have no cash register and no folio with a room number for me. I was told to drive to the Hamiliton Inn and buy my tickets there. I called the Trolley company from the parking lot and the lady told me that the Super 8 was incorrect, the hotel is a member of the visitors bureau and can sell me the tickets with their new system. She instructed me to go back inside and she would be calling the hotel immediately. I waited a few minutes and went back inside. The gal at the front desk told me she could not take my credit card, but would sell me the tickets for cash. I gave her the cash and she printed out two tickets. I asked for some type of receipt as I had paid cash and she told me they have no cash register and can't provide a receipt???? My tickets were stamped with 10:14am, so I went outside to await the arrival of the trolley. About 10:50 I saw the trolley pulling into the Lighthouse across the street from this hotel. I walked over to the window and showed the driver my tickets. He said "Are you supposed to be on this tour"? I told him I thought so and he told us to get on board but said he had called the Super 8 and they told him they had no passengers for this morning. He told us we had missed about 1/2 of the tour and if we were going to be in town, he would see that we were put on the evening tour. We said that it was not his fault and we would just go see the rest of the stops. After he left off the last passengers, he then proceeded to take us to the first half of the tour because he felt bad about the screw-up, which was the hotels fault and not the Trolley Company's. The guide/driver was named MIKE and he definitely went above and beyond the call for us. Thank you Mike, you are a credit to your employer and made our visit complete.