Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City
US$192
US$110
US$188
US$177
Mackinaw Beach and Bay - Inn & Suites(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$118
Vindel Motel(Mackinaw City)
US$135
US$115
Riviera Motel(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$121
Baymont by Wyndham Mackinaw City(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
US$177
Lighthouse View Motel(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
US$129
Clearwater Lakeshore Motel(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
US$179
All reviewspancake machinehi expressfront deskcinnamon rollsroom was cleanthe breakfast areapool areanice stayshort drivesmall balconyupper peninsulaoff seasonhot tubwould definitely stay here againfirst floordowntown areabiscuits and gravy
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Expected a certain quality of room from Holiday Inn Express. This room was equivalent to a no name motel. The bed was so uncomfortable and saggy that it was impossible to sleep. The rooms are small and have obviously not been redone since the 70's (lots of pink and blue wall borders). The furniture is beaten up. We were on the bridge side of the hotel and it was noisy with traffic. We could hear people in the room beside ours which was not pleasant. To top it all off, it was $89 a night and we could have stayed at much better places right on the lake for a whole lot less. Breakfast was nothing special. The only good thing was the staff was pleasant. A very big disappointment......would never go back there and would suggest no one else does!

Room Tip: Beware.....noisy on the north side.....air conditioner roars......small dingy rooms......big price!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank lynjolo
HIEMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feelings, regarding your experience at the Holiday Inn Express - "At the Bridge", in Mackinaw City, MI. We want to 'Stay Connected' with our guests and close neighbors in Canada. Myself and the entire staff are certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could of been.

Even though the hotel seems to be outdated and tired, we are proud to have been in the Holiday Inn Brand Family for many years. Our last huge rennovation was in 2003, when we won the InterContinental Hotels Group 2003 Renovation Award. We hope that you will be as excited and interested to learn that we are in the beginning stages of doing another upgrade and refurbishment of our guest rooms, as well as our lobby. So I would take pleasure in welcoming you back after our refurbishment is completed, so that you can experience the hotel as it was meant to be.

One of the great features of the hotel is 'Easy On, Easy Off', the NW corridor of I-75, but depending on the season, traffic "At the Bridge," can be busy, as we are at a major thoroughfare to the UP of Michigan, Northern United States and Canada. We apologize for the part(s) beyond our control.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff members. They sincerely want all our guest to 'Stay Satisfied', and will do anything in their control to make that happen. So always feel free to make your comments during your stay, so we may assist with any questions or concerns immediately. Additionally, our front desk and breakfast staff have listened to our guests in concerns to breakfast and we have made changes to our breakfast bar, that will still stay within our Brand Standards.

Once again, please do accept my apologies and feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are traveling to Mackinaw City again, so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Best regards,

Denise
General Manger
231.436.7100

Reviewed September 22, 2011

We moved here after a night from hades at the Best Western on S. Huron St. Called Tues. a.m. (9/20) and spoke with Samantha who was able to get us a top floor room with king bed for that night. After a day of traveling we returned to Rm. 416 and it was very clean; not the largest king we have ever had since the room had a private balcony the room size was smaller. There was a sm. refrigerator and microwave and sm. sink in the bedroom area and also a club chair and ottoman which were very comfortable. The WiFi was okay; have had better AND have had much worse! The bathroom was VERY spacious with plenty of counter space AND a sm. wall-mounted t.v. and phone in the bath too! Good bath linens and shower spray. The king bed was comfy, but had not yet been updated to the thick, pillowtop style in the newer HIE's that we are used to. This hotel is off the beaten path in Mackinaw City, but you can walk across the street to a wonderful park with walking trails and walk right down to the water! If you don't want to drive to supper/dinner---walk across the street to Darrows Family Restaurant (Est. 1957) for some absolutely DELICIOUS food. Breakfast at the HIE was okay; the "scrambled eggs" seemed to be powdered eggs and the gravy biscuits were borderline "nasty". Stick with the cereal, boiled eggs, yogurt, pancake maker. OH! Who can resist HIE's Cinnamon rolls???? THEY were fantastic! As usual. Yummmmmmmy. We would definitely stay here again if in the city again. Friendly employees and handy to I-75. Our balcony faced THE bridge and if you stood you could see the lake!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
HIEMC, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2012

Hello and thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel! We are pleased you were able to experience one of our top floor club level rooms! As mentioned in your review, we are close to a number of restaurants and attractions, and downtown Mackinaw City is just a short stroll away!

We also appreciate your comments about our Wi-Fi Internet access. Because of reviews such as yours we have recently upgraded to a faster, stronger Wi-Fi network. As a result, connectivity issues have been all but eliminated at our property.

Our hotel has also improved our breakfast buffet layout and procedures, which ensures that every guest enjoys a great hot breakfast, including the signature cinnamon rolls!

Thanks again for your helpful review, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Mackinaw City area!

Peter Havlena
Guest Services

Reviewed September 6, 2011

Room was ready at check in (3:30). I was travelling with a pet and so I had a room on the first floor. The staff at check in was unfriendly and did not offer coupons or the doggie clean up bags and treats that have been given at check in on my previous two visits. I was told that I could not leave my dog unattended for ANY reason. Not to use the pool or even go pick up a take out order. When I got to my room I pulled back the blankets on one of the double beds and found a huge, wet stain on the sheets. It looked like someone had wet the bed. Housekeeping came and stripped the bed and maintenance replaced the mattress. I have to wonder how someone could miss something like that. The air-conditioning quit working the first night and I asked if someone could look at it the next day. When I got back to my room it still wasn't working so I asked if someone had been in to look at it and was told yes. When I explained that it still wasn't working they said they would send maintenance down. As I walked by the office I could hear the manger say in a not so nice tone " B already fixed it". Overall, I was VERY disappointed in my stay. I would not recommend this hotel to any of my friends, especially those travelling with pets. Seems like when they got a new general manager, service took a nose dive.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Beckums43
Reviewed September 3, 2011

The front desk attendant was very pleasant and answered all our questions. The room was spacious and clean. There was coffee and water in the lobby during the evening hours. The breakfast was incredible with plenty of variety to satisfy all appetites. It was a good location - close to the bridge and shopping. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This property is in a great location, right near Mackinaw Bridge, but it is in need of major TLC and updating. The rooms are outdated, with formica and wallpaper coming loose. The bathrooms are old with old fixtures etc. Our mattresses were very uncomfortable. The thin walls allowed us to hear the crying baby next door. The breakfast was OK but the juice machine was not working when we were there. Overall, I would give it a 2 out of 5 stars. They would do well to do a major overhaul.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face north, but from the second floor, the bridge was not visable due to trees in the way.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
HIEMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2012

Thank you for chosing the Holiday Inn Brand Family. We sincerely appreciate your patronage, your comments and concerns. As any home ages, we continually strive to update and maintain our property and renovations are in the works. We are looking at new carpet, wallpaper/paint, and we have since received our backordered mattresses. Regarding any aspect or concern, never hesitate to immediately inform the Guest Service Representive, at the Front Desk, or the General Manager, as we can put our maintenance crew, on any task at hand, and correct our guest's concerns immediately.

Our sincere apologies, too, that you could hear your neighbor's child crying. This isn't very common with our property. But I apologize that there was some sound coming through. We will work to correct any areas of the hotel that we find, can be corrected, to enhance a quieter environment.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We welcome the opportunity to have you as our guest and experience our new changes.

Most sincerely,