Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City
Riviera Motel(Mackinaw City)
Lamplighter Motel(Mackinaw City)
Welcome Inn(Mackinaw City)
  • Room Service
All reviewspancake machinehi expressfront deskcinnamon rollsroom was cleanthe breakfast areapool areanice stayshort drivesmall balconyupper peninsulaoff seasonhot tubwould definitely stay here againfirst floordowntown areabiscuits and gravy
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

We decided to make a last minute stay in Mackinaw when we missed our ferry and ran late from Drummond Island. Deena took our reservation and was able to accommodate us. We were very surprised because it could never have been busier with the bridge walk. The breakfast was good and the lady working in the breakfast area was very upbeat and even encouraged my daughter and I to do the walk. Thank you HI Express for great customer service, we'll be back!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded September 5, 2017

We are so glad that we could accommodate you this past weekend. The Labor Day Bridgewalk is quite busy. Thank you for those kind words of "Great Service"...and we look forward to your next visit to Mackinaw City

Reviewed August 30, 2017

While we only sayed one night at this hotel we had a very pleasant stay. The staff was very friendly, the room was immacukate abd very spacious. dining in Mackinaw City is very sparse after 8 in the evening. After a long rive from Detroit, we arrived in the city very hungry. We finally found Audie's Restaurant and had a well prepared, reasonably priced meal. Checkin and check out was handled very well. Our drive to the ferry after checkout took us throught the heart of the city and lasted possibly ten minutes. I would gladly return to this property.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded September 1, 2017

Thank you for that wonderful review...I'm glad you were able to find Audies for a bite to eat, after 8pm. The staff appreciates your comments and this will be posted for all to see.

Reviewed August 29, 2017

The good: I really liked the breakfast. The cinnamon rolls were really yummy, warm and melty. They have cereal, yogurt, sausage, eggs, egg white omelets, toast, juice, etc. The staff is very nice, even the cleaning staff greets you in the hall. The room was clean and the cleaning staff kept things stocked.
The bad: Although located across from Darrow's Restaurant (good food!) and within walking distance of the fort and downtown (a bit further, but not too much), it's right next to the highway, so whenever a semi downshifts, it's really loud. The walls are very thin too, and the guy next door who had the elaborate, fifteen minute, snorting/throat clearing (vomiting?) session drove me up the wall. And the preceding argument wasn't a joy either. Lastly, although not a big deal, but more of an inconvenience, our key cards were deactivated after the second day (of a 4 day stay) and the wifi password was changed. When we discovered our card didn't work we had to go back down the four flights to get it reactivated. Well, we got our workout in!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded September 1, 2017

The World Famous Cinnamon Rolls are the Best! Darrow's is great for pie...
We do apologize for the noisy neighbors and the inconvenience of the key cards not working. We do hope you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Mackinaw City

Reviewed August 16, 2017

I was really surprised at the poor quality of this Holiday Inn. After staying a many Holiday Inns, I have come to learn that if the motel is not new, or does not look like a normal holiday Inn, then stay somewhere else. I made a mistake and booked this motel. Have you ever heard the expression " It's like putting lipstick on a pig" well that was this motel. It was so bad that when we were trying to sleep, and the guy next door used the shower, it made a horible sound whlile the water "ran" through the pipes and continued when ever he used the bathroom.... The rooms were very small and had only one elevator to service 4 floors...

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else....
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dcv5377
Management response:Responded August 17, 2017

Thank you for your review. We apologize that your recent stay with us did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our service. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed August 10, 2017

I've stayed at many HI Express's, especially when I traveled for work. I always knew what to expect. But I was presently surprised here. I was traveling with my 2 adult children, their significant others and a baby. so I wanted a king room for us & double queens for them, with room for port-a-crib.
They got a double room with a king in one and 2 queens in other with an open doorway connecting & 2 baths. That worked great so we could sit in one room & talk while baby slept in other.
They had a nice pool area so we could swim and the usual breakfast in the morning.
As a bonus, we had views of the bridge, since we were next to I-75. I was surprised that we didn't hear the traffic on expressway. But Sunday morning I was able to see the first 2 boats to finish in the Chicago to Mackinac Island race.
But I wished we'd stayed until Monday because there was a tremendous display of the Northern Lights over the bridge Sunday night. I was able to see pictures later.

Room Tip: Ask for north facing room at eastern end.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded August 12, 2017

Gary...that was a Great Review. Sounds like you had everything set up right. Balconies and Boats...and the Northern Lights. Come on back and see the Northern Lights in the Wintertime...