All reviewsvale do lobotennis academypool areafree towelsrestaurants in walking distancebeautiful hotellobby barshuttle busquinta do lagoreception staffminute walkprivate beachfour nightslovely poolbreakfast was excellentfaro airporthigh season
Reviewed June 8, 2018

We were back for our third visit to the Ria Park Hotel after a gap of twelve years and found it just as relaxing as our previous holidays here. It was pleasant to see all age groups enjoying this excellent hotel with many families, some young parents with small children, grandparents with their offspring and grandchildren, young couples and the retired. The main feature of a stay here had to be the excellent breakfast buffet with a choice of eating inside or
outside on the terrace overlooking the pool with its many palm trees. The temperatures during our stay were below average but this meant that we were able to walk in the sunshine to the nearby beach cafes and to Vale do Lobo.
Whenever we feel the need for more R & R we hope to return.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed June 8, 2018

After driving past and admiring this hotel on the way to our favourite beach on the Algarve for 9 years we finally stayed here and it didn’t disappoint. We found the Ria Park to be very comfortable, friendly and maintained to the highest order. The breakfast was excellent and we sat overlooking the fabulous garden centred around a super outdoor pool. The hotel gym is also well equipped. The beaches and beach restaurants are close by so what’s not to like about this place? Nothing, we loved it!

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed June 3, 2018

Stayed only one night whilst travelling with a tour group. The hotel is very nice and our room had all the necessary fixtures and equipment. Check in/out was managed professionally. Breakfast, in the lower ground floor, was excellent. The grounds are small but beautifully landscaped and the swimming pool area is very attractive.
Worth considering if you are in the area

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2018

I was with a large tour group, or I would never have stayed in a beach resort, but it was really lovely. Eating the fabulous breakfast buffet outdoors was a great experience. The hotel staff took us to the beach where we found several very popular restaurants, and it was a nice walk back to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

Disappointed before we arrived.

My partner and I were travelling for a family member’s wedding. We booked nearly a year in advance to be told nearer our booking they had over booked and suggested we stay in a sister hotel 20 mins away - which was not convienent as we wanted to be close to the wedding venue. So we reduced our stay by 1 day to not have to move about.

Upon arrival I was therefore due a refund from the hotel. Instead of giving me the refund because I didn’t bring the card with me I paid online with for security reasons,they made me repay the ENTIRE payment again! Said was in the small print. Either way this is a complete joke.The receptionist was rude and lacked any social skills, you would have thought she was asking me to pay over €10 not €900 - of which they would refund me the original payment within 12 days! Not to mention no apologies for over booking in the first place, no complimentary drinks nothing.

We finally headed to the restaurant after a frustrating check in to find it was shut for a private business function.... this was the first of many occasions the restaurant was shut for the never ending crowds of business conferences. In fact my partner and I didn’t even eat in there once.

Trying to remain positive, later on we called reception as couldn’t find the iron - which is bizarre given it’s a 5 star hotel. We were astonished to be told 1) they don’t provide irons 2) you have to pay for someone to iron your clothes 3) this service isn’t available on Saturdays and sundays.

By this point we’d been there for less than 24 hours and the hotel were well and truly ruining our holiday. My partner called reception explaining the course of events wanting to speak to the manager. Surprise surprise he was out on leave and not back for another 2 days. We still had the dilemma of needing to iron our clothes for the wedding on Saturday. In his defence the male receptionist managed to pull a few strings and got a maid available for us on Saturday.... 1 dress, 1 trouser, 1 top and €30 later(!) we had ironed clothes. The book states ‘we don’t offer an iron but for your ‘convenience’ you can pay for the service. Absurd.

The male receptionist logged all our complaints and I must admit was apologetic - I think he was quite frankly embarrassed and assured us the manager would call us first thing Monday. Monday came, Tuesday came, Wednesday came no message from the manager. Thursday was check out day.... we did get an envelope through the door with hundreds of bits of paper saying ‘your feedback is important to us’ pls complete the questionnaire..... no pen in sight or available anywhere in the room - typical! By this point we threw it in the bin and couldn’t be bothered! The receptionist said best to write the manager an email.

All in all not a 5* hotel, calls itself a ‘spa’ but u can only use the spa between 6pm - 8pm... that’s if you can be bothered to walk passed the bar and garden areas full of business people who are extremely loud and stink the hotel out of cigarettes.

If you want to go away and feel totally insignificant guests plus feel like you are actually at a work event yourself than this is the hotel for you!

Never again.