Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 27, 2019

The hosts were very accommodating. The view of Lake Michigan was outstanding and the price was excellent. Watched windsurfers, fishermen and dancing waves from the comfort of our roon. Very simple and clean rooms. Plan on staying there again

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2019

I'm giving it a 3 because the family was nice and tried really hard to make things decent and comfortable. And, you can have your dogs.
When I arrived I was really disappointed because the pictures I had seen did not show the road cutting through the property between the motel and Lake Michigan.
Then I opened the old dilapidated door to the room and there was no screen just glass, in the screen door, and the room was very hot. I had two dogs with me and was really worried.
I turned on the air conditioner and cold air was not coming out.
I went and told the owner and he did bring me a screen for the screen door and by that time the air conditioner was kicking out cool air thank goodness.
With the dogs and paying for the refrigerator the room was $400 for two nights.
It's a good location but the room was old and so were the doors and windows and paint. The beds were okay and the room was pretty clean.
I had to laugh at the light above the table though, with no shade and the way I had to move the curtains around the AC. Seemed like too much money to pay for a room in that state and with a road between the motel and a public beach in front. What we do for our fur babies.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank aquari44
Reviewed September 17, 2019

Very old and run down. No recent updates as I could see. Bring your own bedding if you have a service dog. cost my special needs brother and I an additional 100 dollars for bedding we didnt plan for. Not Beach front at all. Hard to see sunset from the hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here as a couple and the location is just amazing, a few steps from the beach and walking distance to town. Since we didn’t make a reservation beforehand we didn’t get a room with beach view. The interior is quite old but had everything we needed. There was no breakfast served and unfortunately there are no places to have breakfast nearby. But the closeness to the beach made up for everything. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

As an angler and outdoorsman, the Lake Shore Motel is my favorite place to stay when I'm in Manistee for hunting and fishing. Perfectly located right on the beach at the foot of the south pier. If I'm steelhead surf fishing, I can walk right out my door and 100 yards away, I'm fishing. If I'm boat fishing, the municipal launch is right across the street. They have a fish cleaning station and freezer available. Ample parking for smaller boats with arrangements. They have a housekeeping cottage available with a full kitchen and also an upstairs suite with a kitchenette and nice balcony overlooking the lake. Perfect! Rooms are always clean and comfortable. Proprietors are super friendly and helpful. Love this place!

Date of stay: November 2018