“Really Outdated, but clean”

Econo Lodge Lakeshore
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Manistique
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My wife and I stopped here for a night on our way through the UP and we were honestly a little disappointed by the hotel. As the title implies the rooms were outdated and in desperate need of updating, but at least they were kept very clean. The hotel is also conviently located across the street from the lake walk and lighthouse. One of the few restaurants in town is also located next door, a Big Boy. But the prices were stiff for what you get. We paid well over $100 for the night in our little room, granted it was the Saturday of Labor day weekend. In comparison though we spent less than $75 for a Saturday night in Chicago at a much nicer Hilton. I guess when rooms are limited in the UP though you can get a way with it.

If I had it to do over again I would've either stayed in Escanaba or just stopped at a Ma & Pa motel somewhere else, we saw plenty of vacancy signs on our drive.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed one night, liked the fact that the entrance to the room was inside, it is clean, but thin walls, as we learned when awakened at 6am by children in another room. We had to turn the fan on continuous to drown out the noise. Breakfast is minimal, nice place for families.

Room Tip: want to sleep late in morning? request a room far away from office
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The place was clean, and would have been a nice place stay if not for the font desk. The woman behind the desk was nice, but the man running the place is not friendly at all. He treated us very rude when we asked about local places to eat. WON'T GO BACK AGAIN.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I stayed here five years ago with a group of friends and had a great time. I was in the area again by myself, so booked a room. Check-in was efficiently and very courteous. I also needed to set up a large group reservation for next year for a special-interest tour. Pat, the manager, was extremely helpful, answered all my questions, and accommodated my special requests as well. Our group was offered a very economical rate, being return guests and for booking the entire property in the future. The breakfast staff were cheerful and friendly, and kept things well stocked and cleaned. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again another time. The beds were comfortable and the facility was quiet in the evening, despite being nearlly filled to capacity. Lovely view of the lake, too. Close to gas stations and convenience store.

Room Tip: All rooms face the parking lot and have a view of the lake across the road.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Tourist54220
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I stayed here while traveling to see some family. I got tired while driving and needed to stop and finish my trip the next day. Nice rooms. Nice price. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed here for one night during our motorcycle trip in the U P. Check in was fast and the clerk was super friendly. The rooms are updated and very clean. We had a small glitch with the A/C in our room and we were given a new room right away. No problems. The motel is across the road from Lake Michigan and there is beach access there. This is a great place for everyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2011

This was as nice as any expensive hotel i have stayed in. The staff was very helpful, the price was reasonable, and the place was extremely clean.

Room Tip: If you want a clean reasonable place to stay this is it.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple