“Great food.”

Lagniappe Cajun Creole Eatery
Ranked #2 of 114 Restaurants in Marquette
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Marquette, Michigan
“Great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

A unique restaurant in Marquette! Great service, GREAT food!

Escanaba
“Awesome Original Cajun Creole Cooking!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

I have eaten at this restaurant many times. If you are looking for authentic cajun cooking, you will find it here. I have tried many of the items on the menu and can not complain about anything I have ordered. Remember this is creole cooking and it is spicy, so if you can't handle robust cooking, many dishes aren't for you.

Portions are hardy and I have never left here hungry. On our last stop, my wife ordered a "Catfish Po Boy" sandwich. This thing came out with two giant slabs of catfish on it and she was able to eat about half.

The waitresses have always been beyond friendly and efficient.

The atmosphere is fitting. I have not been to New Orleans but I imagine I am there when at the Lagniappe. Always creole music playing or a live band and they do have "Mardi Gras" nights.

The bartenders are very good and there are a wide array of drinks to choose from including many micro brews to pear and chocolate martinis.

Looking forward to going back already.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank easyrider67
“So close to the real thing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

This is our favorite restaurant to visit in Marquette. I have been to New Oreans and this place is so close to the real thing. We enjoy the jambalaya, shrimp and tasso bowtie pasta, shrimp risotto, muffeletta, and the lagniappe speical po'boy. There actually is not a single thing on this menu that we have tried and not loved. Best of all you can add heat to any of the entrees for an extra charge. We have tried all the way up to level 6 but we usually enjoy anything between 1-3 as 6 was way too hot. The service is great and staff is knowledgable. We eat here almost every time we are in Marquette!

• Visited January 2012
Republic, MI
“Getter better all the time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

Very good Cajun and Creole food and very friendly staff. The atmosphere is very "Louisiana".

Marquette, Michigan
“good food but a little pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

Good cajun food, somewhat spicey, large selection of choices on the menu, good atmosphere. A fun place to visit. I wish the oysters were more affordable.

Visited June 2011