Metamora-Hadley State Recreation Area
Review Highlights
Nice trails, good swimming beach, good campground

We often stop by to hike on the trails. The beach is very nice with a gently sloping sandy bottom... read more

Reviewed November 6, 2018
Ernie M
Metamora, Michigan
Met rec area

Nice place to camp fish swim bike ride. Has a picnic area also plenty of tables on the beach... read more

Reviewed August 19, 2018
pathteacher
Metamora,Michigan
via mobile

All reviews camp store bass boat launch fire pit picnic area great campground hiking trails are a lot of fun metro detroit bike ride camping sites fishing hike halloween park michigan
Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

I come a couple times a year every summer for the past 24 years. Nice park, an okay beach, a fun lake to fish and catch wild life. Good hiking trails.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed May 22, 2016 via mobile

This is a nice and clean campground. Each lot is reasonably priced and they have a fire pit too. The north end of the camp ground is a little quieter and family oriented. There is a little store in case you forgot something. The water is just okay. Definitely not a beach but okay for the campground.

Date of experience: May 2016
1  Thank JodiB1979
Reviewed May 18, 2016

This is just about fifteen minutes from home for us. We generally go there several times from spring to fall, take a picnic lunch, hike the woodland trails some, and maybe go in for a swim. The little lake swimming area is very family friendly and conducive to relaxed wading and swimming. It would probably take at least a couple of hours to walk all the peaceful trails in the woods.

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed March 27, 2016

Camping, swimming, kayaking, hiking, bike riding! My favorite place to camp...one of many Michigan campgrounds where you can camp directly on the water! 190 is my favorite spot! Halloween weekends are fun for all! We have been going for 15 years!

Date of experience: October 2015
1  Thank Lindalapeer
Reviewed September 15, 2015 via mobile

I have a mixed opinion about this campground. Overall we had a relaxing weekend the campground was very quiet with not many people camping . We arrived after dark and the office was closed they have a phone to check in on but it was not working. Since I had a reservation we headed to our site. Their sanitation station is not lit up after hours so I had to use my cell phone as a flashlight. Not really a big deal. We were staying in the back campground and trying to find your site in the dark when the #s are painted on the electrical boxes is not easy. I found the sites quite small compared to other parks I have been too. I also noticed many of the inner sites are downhill and would b prone to flooding. The outer sites seem to b a little larger we stayed on site 121 which is beautiful overlooking the water but their idea of a large site is based on what length of a trailer you have not by width. They had many hiking trails which were great but could b better maintained as we had to climb over a couple of trees. The lake is nice but to me it is just a large pond that I would never swim in as there were see plants growing everywhere and they do not test the quality of the water. I never really saw any park rangers that often which makes me wonder if they really enforce their noise rules after hours. overall I thought the park was beautiful but I don't think I would want to be there when it's busy as I felt it would b way too crowded and noisy.

Date of experience: September 2015