All reviews the river units michigan cabin canoe
Reviewed April 27, 2016 via mobile

This place puts a high priority on serving people. The river is fantastic as well as the scenery. They have kayaks, tubes, and canoes to rent at a reasonable price. They are also good stewards of taking care of the river.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ron T
Reviewed April 5, 2016 via mobile

Actually stayed August 2014. Picked this place based on their advertising. They advertised free wifi. We wanted to get a quick getaway during caring for some sick family members and staying in touch was a must. After arriving we learned that wifi only existed if we "took a walk" while we were out on a float down the Ausable, we came back to a cabin that was fumigated and we couldn't even enter for hours because they buttoned the place up. Ended up sleeping across the street for 2 nights and paying for this non wifi fumigated cabin and all they knew is "we are busy with other customers right now" I wonder why? Did they get the same results as us? Would not recommend.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2015

Stayed at the Hinchman Acres Resort because they offer cottages and tube rentals all at the same location. Loved the cottages. Ours had a screened-in porch as well as an area for a fire outside with BBQ and picnic table. We sat by the old campfire at night and talked about the good old days. Cottage had everything you needed. We requested some items that were missing and they delivered them immediately. Location right on the Au Sable river. Free fishing, game room, basketball court and many others things to keep you busy. Walking distance to town. Wifi worked fine but I did not come to Mio for the Wifi. Front desk was great. Greeted me by my first name when I came through the front door even though I had never been there before. Stayed the night and then got up to rent a 4 passenger tube with our friends. Great process for handling the 4 of us. They have got the process down pat. Very good equipment. They drive you to the river and then picked you up when you are done. Had a wonderful time. We will return.

Room tip: Look at the cottage locations online and let them know what you want.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank juansalon
Reviewed May 31, 2015 via mobile

Pros: The cabins were stocked with everything we needed, such as being, towels, dishes, pots and pans.

The resort has lots to offer,but we didn't use any of the extras outside of the cabin.

The floors were covered in a new laminate and were very clean.

Cons: There was a strong urine smell in the bathroom - YUCK!

No wifi. :(

The bathroom sink was coming apart from the wall. There was a large crack in the shower plastic.

Date of stay: May 2015
2  Thank margaritayum
Reviewed September 16, 2014

Stayed last weekend at Hinchman Acres (cabin 11). The cabin was very clean and updated. Had everything we needed. Good Bed, wood stove, fire pit (stocked with wood), TV with good reception to catch up on the games, kitchen....etc. Thought it was real bargain and plan to stay again. Had we brought the wives, they would had been just as comfortable. Good Job Hinchman!

Mike P