Quality Inn(West Branch)
US$119
QualityInn
Super 8 by Wyndham West Branch(West Branch)(Great Value!)
US$72
Days Inn by Wyndham Grayling(Grayling)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$85
Priceline
US$89
Super 8 by Wyndham Grayling(Grayling)(Great Value!)
US$71
Woodland Motor Lodge(Grayling)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$65
Motel 72(Grayling)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$67
Thunder Bay Resort(Hillman)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$196
Travelocity
All reviewsthe rivertubescoolerunitsmichigancabincanoe
Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

So fun to go tubing here!!! Friendly staff and timely drop off and pick up. I would go back every year. Family friendly too!!! Easy to make a reservation, tubes were very nice. They even rent cooler tubes

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2016

On Saturday, July 30, 2016, my wife and I took our kids on a kayak trip in this section of the river, along with another family that had never been on a river trip before. The river was beautiful and the weather matched! However, the beauty of the river quickly turned as hundreds of people in tubes used the river as their own mardi gras. Drunken floatillas of 20+ people passed around bottles of hard liquor and screamed litanies of profanity in front of my children. Drunk people insulted me and my wife as we passed by. At one point, 50 feet in front of me and my 9 year old boy, a lady popped her top and flashed her naked body while others threw beads at her. This happened several times. There was a conservation officer on the river, but I did not see him do anything about it, and it seems that one conservation officer is not enough to take care of this enormous problem. We were completely disgusted and appalled. A few times I quipped that I had children and asked that people refrain from saying and acting this way in front of them. Each time the retort was “why did you bring your children here on the weekend?” The last time I checked, the beauty and majesty of the resource belonged to everyone, and everyone has the right to use the river in a lawful manner. I didn’t know that there were times when we couldn’t bring our family kayaking on Michigan’s famed Au Sable. It seemed that everyone in Mio said there is nothing they could do about it; the canoe livery, Hinchman Acres, did nothing to discourage it. In fact, on the bus ride home from the river the bus was filled with these drunk people that were screaming profanities in front of my kids. Several needed to be carried on to the bus they were so drunk. The bus driver said and did nothing. I complained at the office, but they said there is nothing they could do about it. It's not right that I cannot bring my family here to take a kayak trip without complete debauchery happening all around us. I really wish they had told me this when we made the reservation with them and told them we were bringing 3 families, but it seems they just wanted our money.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank WKS1978
Reviewed April 27, 2016 via mobile

This place puts a high priority on serving people. The river is fantastic as well as the scenery. They have kayaks, tubes, and canoes to rent at a reasonable price. They are also good stewards of taking care of the river.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Ron T
Reviewed April 5, 2016 via mobile

Actually stayed August 2014. Picked this place based on their advertising. They advertised free wifi. We wanted to get a quick getaway during caring for some sick family members and staying in touch was a must. After arriving we learned that wifi only existed if we "took a walk" while we were out on a float down the Ausable, we came back to a cabin that was fumigated and we couldn't even enter for hours because they buttoned the place up. Ended up sleeping across the street for 2 nights and paying for this non wifi fumigated cabin and all they knew is "we are busy with other customers right now" I wonder why? Did they get the same results as us? Would not recommend.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2015

Stayed at the Hinchman Acres Resort because they offer cottages and tube rentals all at the same location. Loved the cottages. Ours had a screened-in porch as well as an area for a fire outside with BBQ and picnic table. We sat by the old campfire at night and talked about the good old days. Cottage had everything you needed. We requested some items that were missing and they delivered them immediately. Location right on the Au Sable river. Free fishing, game room, basketball court and many others things to keep you busy. Walking distance to town. Wifi worked fine but I did not come to Mio for the Wifi. Front desk was great. Greeted me by my first name when I came through the front door even though I had never been there before. Stayed the night and then got up to rent a 4 passenger tube with our friends. Great process for handling the 4 of us. They have got the process down pat. Very good equipment. They drive you to the river and then picked you up when you are done. Had a wonderful time. We will return.

Room Tip: Look at the cottage locations online and let them know what you want.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends