“Waste of my money, I was overcharged, poor service”

Days Inn & Suites Monroe
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Monroe
“Waste of my money, I was overcharged, poor service”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Being a Gold Crown member for many years I was shocked at the treatment I recieved by the hotel staff and management when attempting to redeem points award.

Hotel owner did not agree with the number of points needed for a free night , as shown on the BW website, so they charged my credit card without authorization afer I had a confirmation number for the reservation.

If staying here, check your credit card bill for unauthorized charges!

• Stayed March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Orlando
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Might have been good at one time but the place is falling apart. The laundry does not function, the carpet in the rooms looks dirty. The staff is very nice but apparently managment does not maintain this hotel properly. This never was built as a Red Roof, sources tell me it is a old "Best Western". HBO very fuzzy!

I suspect some of these very positive reviews are phony!

Room Tip: You can do better if you are looking
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Monroe hotels

Reviewed 14 March 2012

I reallY enjoyed My stay At this hotel. It was afforfable, clean and quiet. The staff was helpful and courteous. I wasnt familiar with the area and was given maps to My destination. I recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed February 2012
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed at the red roof Monroe location this month and the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very accomidating as I did have pets with me so I needed bottom floor and around a area to take them out. The breakfast was good with variety. It was conviently right off the expressway and had multiple restaurants close by. I will most definitely stay with this inn again !

• Stayed March 2012
Reviewed 8 February 2012

My stay at Red Roof Inn was great. Easy to find, beautiful lobby and excellent staff. They were very helpful and considerate of my needs. I will be sure to stay here on return visits!

• Stayed January 2012
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 February 2012

The staff was very friendly, the room was clean. The overall appearance of the hotel was clean also. Pleasant stay!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I had an express check in by a friendly female! My room was clean and for the price I couldnt beat it! They also had a good breakfast unlike other Red Roof Inns that only serve doughnuts and coffee! This Inn had a waffle maker, bagels, muffins and cereal! The staff provided me with maps to my destination and good places to eat! I recommend The Red Roof Inn in Monroe MI!!! I will be staying there again when I visit my family in six months!

• Stayed January 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
0.9 km away
0.6 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites MONROE
26.8 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dundee

Been to Days Inn & Suites Monroe? Share your experiences!