“Good for short stay”

Days Inn & Suites Mt Pleasant
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The outside of the hotel is a bit shabby, but the rooms are nice and clean and the beds very comfortable. The wifi worked great for Fantasy Football draft. The pool and sauna were very nice. The breakfast was adequate with some protein options....fresh fruit could have been nicer. Overall it was fine for a one night stay after dropping off a college student.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Older hotel with small rooms, old furnishings and dim lighting. Staying on a business trip the room lacked a nice work area. Only a little round table. You had to choose between working or running the AC since it blows directly on your. Other then that the stay was OK. Staff was always busy keeping the place neat and clean. Breakfast room was a little tight but kept clean, organized and well supplied with ample selections.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We were going to be in town for a concert at Soaring Eagle and their rates were way too expensive for us. This was one of the only available motels in town, and only about a mile from the casino, so we made a reservation. We checked in close to midnight and the girl was pleasant enough. Not overly friendly, but it was late, and I wasnt looking for a huge welcome either at that point. Our room was at the far end, near the pool. Bed was pretty comfortable, however, wished there were more electrical outlets to charge our phones and such. The room seemed quite outdated, We went down for breakfast in the morning and it was your typical continental kind. It was OK, but nothing too impressive. I think for an older motel, their rates were extremely high. The room was ok for one night and we would probably stay again if just for a quick overnight stay, but only if we couldn't find anything else in the area

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed here for one night, we chose it because it was the cheapest brand hotel in Mount Pleasant. I wouldn't stay here again tho. It's nice for a quick sleep but only if you don't mind rough around the edges.

The whole reservation process was rough, there seemed to be a few "new" people who didn't know what they were doing but the check in was easy.. Although they did "announced" my room number and hotels should not do that for safety of the guests.

The room was alright (very outdated) but the housecleaning was mediocre. There was dirt in the sheets..

The whole hotel was out of shampoos and conditioners and the housekeepers response was "HE forgot to order", So I am assuming that the general manager is not there very often... Luckily my friend had brought enough to share but it was very upsetting because we were in town for a wedding.

The breakfast was very bare, they promised these fantastic burritos and they were gone by 9am. (we were down right at 9am, which breakfast went til 10). They were also out of spoons and forks so we only had knives to eat with. No fresh milk available for cereal either. The waffles were good at least.

My BIGGEST issue was with the staff (mainly maids) were smoking RIGHT outside of the front lobby doors, there would be 3-5 of them out there at a time sitting on the guest benches (within 4-5 feet of the non-automatic front door) It made it very uncomfortable to go in and out of the hotel. I believe it's also against health code.

There are a few hotels in the direct area there that are only a $10-$20 more and I would recommend doing one of those. Even the Mount Pleasant Inn looks 10000 times better.

As a Travel Agent, I wouldn't recommend any of my clients to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed there because we were going to a show at Soaring Eagle. It was within 1 mile. Great breakfast for a small hotel. The waterpark is directly across the road, so family can hang there for the day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Shawn B
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Stayed one night on my way to Northern Michigan. It was an ok place to stay for just the night. The woman at the front desk was friendly. Breakfast was ok, nothing great, but I didn't expect anything wonderful either. The bed was not really all that comfortable. If I stay in the area again I might try a Holiday Inn Express instead.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Maybe the friendliest employees I've ever experienced at a hotel. It's not the "May I take your coat, sir?" type of service, but there's genuine friendliness. The room was clean and the breakfast was above average. For what we paid, excellence.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple