“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
CLIO
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

My husband I booked the Extreme Getaway Package for our anniversary. We had a wonderful stay. Our room (Premium Class Suite) was very nice, roomy and clean. The package included a couples massage which was especially great. We ate at all of the restaurants except the buffet. Food and service were top notch. Hotel hallways did smell of cigarette smoke. Would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank STEPHANIE J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Saint Clair, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I lived in Las Vegas for several years and for me, there just isn't anything that compares with the jolt of electricity you feel upon entering casino doors. You get the whole casino/hotel feeling here, the noise, the sounds of the slot machines, bars, music...the whole shebang. There were a few times I felt like I was back in Vegas, and when I did sleep, it was totally comfortable and with very little noise.

Staying at hotels in the area was not for me, it simply feels like a normal hotel room without any atmosphere, and walking to the casino is out of the question. I prefer walking out of my hotel room door and making a bee-line to the casino. The only thing keeping me from running is my husband. Another luxury is being able to gamble anytime I want, whether it be 3:00am or 12:30pm.

Besides running, my husband doesn't care for my room checks. Cleanliness is the MOST important thing to me when travelling. I'd rather stay in a $30.00 a night out-dated clean room, than a $350 a night up- to- date dirty room. A single piece of garbage in the garbage can, a dusty dresser or a worse yet a dusty dresser draw will result in at least one room change. So you can imagine how happy we both were with our immaculate room. Every tiny detail was taken care of and after careful inspection, there was not a speck of dirt to be found; something we rarely see.
My husband isn't a casino person, and he doesn't have to be to love this hotel as much as I do. He doesn't even have to leave the spacious room to have a few days of relaxation. The rooms are stocked with every possible convenience you could ask for. Small fridges, microwave, flat screen televisions, cable with premium channels, high speed internet, (ours had a jacuzzi), you name it, they have it and if they don't, they will be more than happy to bring extra towels to your room, or pillows, or whatever. I hardly see hotel staff treat guest like guests and not a tedious part of their job. Every staff person I spoke to or had interaction in some way was congenial and very happy.
If relaxing in the room isn't enough, there is an enormous pool to swim in with (and relax in our private jacuzzi afterward. There are several restaurants, a spa, a beauty shop, gift shops, coffee and snack shops, babysitting services, fitness center and so many more things, I can't remember. Another few amenities I liked was the inside parking, availability of porters, elevators, and interior hallways, which were also impeccably cleaned.
One other thing I really liked is the fact you can smoke in the rooms. Most hotels have gone 'non-smoking' and it irritates me. Sometimes while sitting around watching tv or playing on my lap top, it's such a relief to know i can light up a cigarette and not have to go outside.

My husband and I have stayed here on a few different occasions, and I'm not positive about the dates, so I guesstimated it was in August 2011.

EXQUISITELY Soaring Eagle!

Room Tip: I would assume any room would be nice, but we like the deluxe rooms just for the fact there is so mu...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank GandGR
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Room very nice. People friendly. Didn't like buffet but they are renovating it so I'm sure it'll be better. Didn't like pesto pizza, both my husband and I thought it was flat, don't remember the restaurant name.Pool had to be closed and drained because of some black stuff in pool, disappointing after getting in our bathing suits and making the trip down. My husband won the first day but not the second. Liked the crispy sheets. Had a good time.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BelleClover
Saginaw, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

We went on a overnight trip that was booked through work... back in December we booked it.. When we got there about 2pm our room was NOT ready... and so we just went down and walked around for a little while.. no problem.. Then we went back around 3:30 and they said it was ready but it was not the room we asked for which was a smoking room.. Not really a problem with me .. your not in the room much anyways.. but the person i was rooming with was upset and so we went back up there (a couple hours later) and they did end up changing the room... They were sooooooo booked on a Sunday night it was unreal.. they told us that they were full. I guess someone didn't show and so we got our smoking room anyways... It was so busy in there with the slots ... wall to wall.. I enjoyed myself though and we ate the next morning at the buffet... they are remodeling and there was not the food that they usually have or the amount.. BUT they still charge you the same price. Enjoyed the night had a room by the evelator but it really was not that bad.. you get used to the dings and if the people are not yelling and laughing when they get off it is not that bad. Overall it was a good nights stay. Nothing special but Good..

Room Tip: Just don't always expect to get the room you want.. this has happened before to others i know an...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

My boyfriend took me to Soaring Eagle Resort Hotel for valentine's night. We had a jacuzzi suite with king size bed, flat screen tv, microwave and mini-fridge. It was a good sized room. They said when we checked in (after a long line to check in at 4 pm) that the room was ready and set up with the valentines package that cost extra. When we got to the room the wine and glasses with a few chocolates were near the jacuzzi. A woman ended up showing up after we had been in the room over 45 minutes and said she was "delivering the rest of the package" which included bubble bath roses and 6 votive candles.

We got comped casino and food money, which was part of the package deal. The Italian restaraunt was mostly by reservation and had a 2 hour wait at 7pm. The waterlily lounge had a 20 minute wait and the steak house had over an hour wait, so we just ordered room service. it took longer than they told me to get to the room. the $11 pizza was small, but filling. The club sandwich was not that great and came with cold fries for $9. The firefly buffet was closed for 3 days to remodel.

The room: the toilet seat would not stay up (for a guy to stand and go), the wallpaper right in front of the toilet was coming off the wall near the floor, the shower curtain rod had a screw falling out at one end, and the biggest one was the flat screen tv flashing funny. It was looked at twice by a not-so-happy maintenance guy that first blamed the signal, then he said the company that provides the signal would be contacted to check the connection. The tv flashed brighter a few quick beats every couple minutes or less. It was on every single channel, including the closed circuit hotel only channels. It didn't get fixed and all the front desk offered was an upgraded room on our next visit. This was the first visit for me and who says I want to stay again?

The casino is like others I've been to in MI and Canada. No free alcoholic drinks for slot players. Just a soda cart going around is free.

Room Tip: Get a room away from elevators if possible.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Dayzdx8
Macomb, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

This casino is a large room with slot machines. It is in need of a complete update. The chairs at the machines are uncomfortable and worn. It feels dirty. There is only one self serve station with pop only and no ice. The buffet has horrible food and we have been there several times. We did not stay at the hotel this time but have in the past. The rooms are OK but you hear noise outside your room. Not a pleasant place and we ended up leaving ahead.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank mistylee95
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

We had the greatest stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Great all around. Casino was fun and food is excellent. The only downside to this casino/hotel is at night too many young people hanging in groups at the casino, i think the age limit should be 21 and up as you have drinking going on. Too many of the casino guest look under 18 but looks can be deceiving i guess? To easy for them to get ahold of a beer or drink. Cause people leave them sitting around.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple