“Will seek another accommodation next time”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

My disappointment started with reservations. My block was full, and there were only smoking rooms available. Ok, I am taking my wife, so I decided to spend the extra money and get a jacuzzi room which is non-smoking.

The resort could improve service if they staffed their front desk better. I've stayed here a handful of times, and every time I've checked in, the wait has been over an hour.

We get to the room, the furnishings seemed shabby and worn, and there was a smell of smoke. The fridge wouldn't stay cold, and you needed a step ladder to get into the jacuzzi.

The one saving grace is that we had a nice dinner at the restaurant next to the hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
SEProperties, Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear Jason W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you had with your room and check-in at the front desk. I will be sure to share your comments with the front desk team. In addition, I would like to be able to address the specific issues you had with your room, if you could contact me with further details, such as the date you stayed, room number, etc. Our team is dedicated to ensuring that all of our guests have a pleasant stay with us, and I apologize this was not your experience. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to hear from you.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We loved the hotel and food. The staff are great. Room was very clean but no rooms have a good view but we golfed every day and casino every night so we didn't spend a lot of time in the room. Don't have a room near the lift, people coming and going all night, very noisy . Walls are very thin.
I would like to see more fun slots which I missed but still great place to go.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear personaldee1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that your interactions with our staff was positive. Our slot team is always looking to improve and upgrade our slot games, so keep an eye out for new games in the future! We do have a slot booth on the gaming floor near security and you can always inquire about any games if you don't see the ones you are looking for. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

I've stayed here many times and the rooms are always nice, some of the things I have a problem with are the price, there are nice hotels around the same area for half the price with shuttles that take you right to the casino. It used to be you could stay here and relax in the pool or hot tub after gaming or a concert, but now kids and teenagers have taken over those areas, even though there is a nice water park across the street, and the other problem is that as soon as you make your reservation they deduct the price from your credit card, and it is expensive to stay here.

Stayed: June 2017
3  Thank Cindi V
Reviewed 25 July 2017

The Casino is very large and there is never a time where its you versus the dealer in Black Jack 21. When it's you versus the dealer you have the best odds in winning. What I did like about the Casino is that they won't clear about the 1 or 11 rule for Black Jack. Also about insurance in betting against the dealer what's up with .50 cent peaces that you get you cant even make a bet.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
SEProperties, Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear w M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort. I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment with the black jack tables in the casino. I unfortunately do not have much personal knowledge of table game rules, but if you have any questions about how things work, I am happy to find the answers for you, or put you in contact with someone from the table games team. Please feel free to contact me at the information below with any questions or concerns. We do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

The room was nice but shows wear and dirt. The wallpaper was peeling in spots and very dirty in others the room was nice just needs to be updated. Bed was more comfortable then most hotel beds. Be sure to ask for a room with a view if you think of it. Overlooking a parking lot and construction site leaves something to be desired.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms over look parking lot and construction.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan N

Dear Ryan N,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the bed, but I am sorry about the condition of the wallpaper in your room. As you mentioned, we are currently doing construction on the roof of the hotel, which has scaffolding going up the side of the hotel in areas as they complete this. I am happy to say this is just the first step in hotel renovations and upgrades that will be coming in the future! We have many improvements coming on the horizon and we are excited to share all of our changes with our guests in the coming months which also includes renovations in the casino! If you could contact me at the information below with your reservation information, I would like to get the wallpaper repaired in your room if it has not been slated for completion already. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel after a concert on site. It was the best! No worries about parking (free valet) or driving afterward. Will do it again without hesitation!
Room was spacious and clean. All employees were very helpful and friendly.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ANN K
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I read a bad review and was wary of our impending concert outing. Not to fear, staff was friendly, venue was awesome. Hill tickets were $25 and we got there about 6:30 or so, found a great spot, hung out, bought food, people brought us beer. Lots of porta potties. Great time, would go again. Parking was a cluster getting out, but that's to be expected. Best bet there is to park at the casino, skip the event parking. Then just exit out of the casino parking lot on to M-20 and be on your way.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple