“Amazing Cafe”

Dorje Bakery Cafe & Coffee Center
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Dorje Bakery Cafe & Coffee Center is dream of my late father Mr. Renjen Dorje Jangba. He operates this place with German Bakery Cafe initially in 2006 and has been closed due to some problems until 2010. My father was great friend of mine, he want to re operate this bakery in 2010 august, after buying all the stuffs from kathmandu he went back but he died on the way to Kyanjin at Ghora Tabela. Then after I couldn't stop going back to village after working in city for 18 years because it was dream of my late father. I started Dorje Bakery cafe in memory of my father with zero percentage knowledge in baking and coffee making. It took me two years to learn how to bake and making coffee. In this time period my valuable customers were strong backbone of me who help with with operating this place properly. They guide me to make better things all time by suggesting, sharing recipes, helping baking with me in my bakery. My all credits goes to all those wonderful customers who gave me strength to go further.So, now I like to give heartfelt of Thank you to all those who help me, guide me with their valuable suggestions, helping me to promote my place, with many more ways. I am still in progress of learning but one thing I am sure that now I can serve our customers with quality of foods, pastries, cakes, good coffees on the Top of Mountain of Langtang Region. Lastly I am always there to welcome all travelers to my cafe for one time and let me serve you. Hoping to see you again and Thank you for letting to serve you. Out motto is Let us serve you. Lhakpa Tamang Jangba Owner & Baker Dorje Bakery Cafe & coffee center
Reviewed 24 October 2016

This cafe is a perfect place to chill and have some great cup of coffee with some cake. We had chocolate cake, marble cake, apple pie and almond cake. All of them were really delish but my favorite was the chocolate. Yummy. If you go to the Kyanjin Gompa, you should definitely visit this cafe and try something different in the mountains. The service is amazing as well.

There are newer reviews for Dorje Bakery Cafe & Coffee Center

Reviewed 30 September 2016

it was a pleasure to me to be there. i was on the way to kyangin gompa. then my hunger were rising. then suddenly i was a bakery then i got shocked. how it could on this level of altitude someone could open a bakery.then i entered the bakery and when i tested the bakery items it was so delicious. As mywish everyone should go to langtang terk and taste the bakery item.

thankyou...............................

Reviewed 22 May 2016

After trekking up the Langtang Valley, miles away from anywhere, the last thing you expect is a wonderful bakery with delicious cakes and pastries. The whole cafe has a friendly vibe and the best cinnamon scrolls ever.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

Three years after the first time I visited Kyanjin Gomba, Langtang, I was delighted to see Lhakpa Jangba and his family had the bakery it just the way it used to be - creamy coffees and luscious cakes on demand. To come all the way to the end of the valley, leaving behind a trail of bland (if hearty) dalbhat meals, and to be able to choose between apple pie, chocolate cake, almond cake etc was a luxury beyond expectations. To be able to do so in the aftermath of the catastrophic earthquake that near-decimated the population of this valley is something else. You may be compelled to eat where you are camped on Nepali treks, but Dorje Bakery is a reminder of the small freedoms you can savour.

Note: Prior to this trek, I'd abstained from bakery products for 3 months. I felt absolutely no guilt wolfing down a piece of cake half the size of my head.

Reviewed 24 February 2016

This cafe is the best cafe in Langtang area. You can get snickers momo, different types of cakes and even typical Himalayan natural drinks found only in high altitude.

Been to Dorje Bakery Cafe & Coffee Center? Share your experiences!