“never,ever again..unreal! disgusting!”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights
culver, Indiana
“never,ever again..unreal! disgusting!”
Reviewed 11 July 2011

when we arrived at red roof inn at 5p.m. the room was not even cleaned yet! we had to wait 1hour for our room!!lobby carpet was filthy,as was the hallway and our room. i had resrved a h/c room. no h/c parking. no curb cut-outs. no elevated toilet, no shower chair.desk clerks had no idea what they were doing.
it smelled!!
bathroom wall was dirty. floors in room and hallway were very uneven. not level. room curtain was broken.
never again!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank uwho60

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 July 2011

A girlfriend and I needed a hotel in the Grand Haven/Muskegon area and this was the only affordable room I could find on a Saturday night in July. When we arrived at our room, it wasn't cleaned! The beds were a mess and there were towels all over from the previous people. We went back to the lobby and there was another woman with the same problem and another man whose room AC was broken. The desk people were friendly but acted like this happens often. We decided to just drive the 3 hours home and cancel the room. They said nothing of mine has been processed and my card will not be charged. I just checked my bank and you guessed it...the $89 was charged to my card. I called and a manager said she will refund it. Waiting to see...

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank Jbunz8

Travellers are raving about these Muskegon Heights hotels

Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed 9 January 2011

I just wanted to say that I found the hotel room very clean, quite, comfortable sleeping; the staff accomodating, curtious-especially Debra the hotel clerk that waited on me. I stayed here for 6 days and would stay again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Lansing, MI
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Stayed 2 nites due to unfavorable boating weather @ $45/nite. Nice small indoor pool, friendly staff, movie channel, free WiFi, 24 hour security on weekends, ample parking for our 28' boat.
Dennis & Bethann
Surface Interval

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bruizer_man
Charlevoix, Mi
Reviewed 23 September 2010

This is the 2nd time we have stayed here since it it changed to the Red Roof Inn. Our opinions haven't changed. Still a very nice hotel with great staff and is clean. The only major change in the hotel is it's exterior... and mostly its 'red roof'. Pretty bad but nothing a good coat of paint wouldn't quickly fix.

I have recommended this hotel to many of my friends and they also like this inexpensive hotel compared to the rest of the hotels in the area.

Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Cary, Illinois
Reviewed 10 September 2010

The worst hotel I've ever stayed at...and I spent my college roadtrips staying at Motel 6 establishments.
1) The neighborhood is scary. Everything around it is boarded up.
2) We had to sign a form promising we wouldn't do drugs or have wild parties.
3) The security doors had no locks. Anybody could get in.
4) There was encrusted feces on the toilet rim and hair on top of the toilet.
5) They advertise a free breakfast but had only coffee.
6) The light between the beds was broken.
7) The phone book was sticky.
I'm glad we were only there one night.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank GreatLakesTraveler13
muskegon
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Me and my family came to stay the night. With two small kids we used up the wash cloths and towels up quick. The next morning we had to leave earlier for a family event. But needed to take showers. We woke up we found a peace of paper that was slid under the door stating that there water problems and water would be shut off at 11am, it was 9am. I was worried because we needed a second towel for my husband. So I went to open the door to talk to front desk about more towels. Come to find out they had left a bag of towels on my door handle. It was so nice that they were think ahead of time what guest would need to do what they had to before water was shut off. I understand that things happen I am happy that they thought of us. Thank You! Red roof Inn, Thank You!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
5.1 km away
Holiday Inn Muskegon
Holiday Inn Muskegon
#4 of 12 in Muskegon

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights? Share your experiences!