See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I was on the road and needed a place to stay, my wife got online and booked the room for me, the room was dirty the carpets were pulling away from the walls the televisions did not work. the hallways were filthy, there were businesses that were closed down all around this hotel and there was a pothole the size of a VW BUG pulling into the entrance. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank idfallfaster
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I did read the reviews before I took my family (along with 2 other families) for a stay after visiting Michigan's Adventure. I didn't expect much except a clean hotel & room to stay for the night. Staff was friendly but unfortunately that was the only positive. There were parties going on in the hotel parking lot as well as on the stairwells. Rooms smelled horrible. Phone cords were cut, lights didn't work and security told us not to park or walk behind the hotel for safety reasons. Needless to say, we did not stay there. Find another place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank Hap1525
Reviewed June 27, 2010

The first thing that greets you is a giant pot hole in the driveway that can break your axle and the hap hazard paint job on the outside ( I dont think this was an original red roof inn, it may have been a closed hotel and a red roof inn sign was slapped on it). The room smelled like fungus, when you turn on the faucet water leaks from the base of the faucet. The carpet is real old with lots of stains. You can't lock the bathroom door. The toilet was an elongated type but somebody slapped a regular round seat on it ( defeated the purpuse). The beds were suposed to be full but I think they were smaller than full. The mattress was clumpy and terrible, it hurt my back even after I flipped it, I dont think it was ever changed since 1977. The room is not worth $78/night, it was worth $45/night. The area is run down with lots of abondened buildings. Their photos are deseving.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank joe45634
Reviewed June 20, 2010

On pulling into the parking lot, we realized that this hotel was not exactly as described by other posters. The "clientelle" milling around in the parking lot made us reconsider our stay, but we thought "you can't blame the hotel for who stays there, as long as they keep things clean and quiet."

At check-in, they forced us to sign a form with a lot of things that any reasonable adult should know anyway (things like staying quiet and not leaving a huge mess in the room). And I guess if there was one good thing I could say, it was that the hotel did seem relatively quiet through the night.

Once we got to the room, we realized that there was no coffee pot (oddly enough, there were coffee packets), and that the iron was missing.

Moreover, nobody had vacuumed our room, one of the beds looked like they gave up half way through making it, and there were tufts of hair all over the desk in the room.

The television didn't quite work (with a little encouragement and some light slapping, the picture on most channels eventually came in).

When we checked out in the morning, we were overcharged for the room. We had to return in force to get them to change it back, and they acted like it was a pretty common occurrence.

We won't be staying again. Even though the price was low ($75 for a night), we felt like we got a lot less than we paid for.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank Oblio84
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I found this hotel tyo be my place to come whenI need to get a piece of mind. The rooms are large, quiet, and clean that was right up my alley. The pool gave me time to get let my hair done then the hot tub was my stress reliever. The friendly staff made it so easy to spend my money. I love the breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2010