“I would stay here again!”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights
Reviewed 9 January 2011

I just wanted to say that I found the hotel room very clean, quite, comfortable sleeping; the staff accomodating, curtious-especially Debra the hotel clerk that waited on me. I stayed here for 6 days and would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 September 2010

Stayed 2 nites due to unfavorable boating weather @ $45/nite. Nice small indoor pool, friendly staff, movie channel, free WiFi, 24 hour security on weekends, ample parking for our 28' boat.
Dennis & Bethann
Surface Interval

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bruizer_man
Reviewed 23 September 2010

This is the 2nd time we have stayed here since it it changed to the Red Roof Inn. Our opinions haven't changed. Still a very nice hotel with great staff and is clean. The only major change in the hotel is it's exterior... and mostly its 'red roof'. Pretty bad but nothing a good coat of paint wouldn't quickly fix.

I have recommended this hotel to many of my friends and they also like this inexpensive hotel compared to the rest of the hotels in the area.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2010

The worst hotel I've ever stayed at...and I spent my college roadtrips staying at Motel 6 establishments.
1) The neighborhood is scary. Everything around it is boarded up.
2) We had to sign a form promising we wouldn't do drugs or have wild parties.
3) The security doors had no locks. Anybody could get in.
4) There was encrusted feces on the toilet rim and hair on top of the toilet.
5) They advertise a free breakfast but had only coffee.
6) The light between the beds was broken.
7) The phone book was sticky.
I'm glad we were only there one night.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
7  Thank GreatLakesTraveler13
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Me and my family came to stay the night. With two small kids we used up the wash cloths and towels up quick. The next morning we had to leave earlier for a family event. But needed to take showers. We woke up we found a peace of paper that was slid under the door stating that there water problems and water would be shut off at 11am, it was 9am. I was worried because we needed a second towel for my husband. So I went to open the door to talk to front desk about more towels. Come to find out they had left a bag of towels on my door handle. It was so nice that they were think ahead of time what guest would need to do what they had to before water was shut off. I understand that things happen I am happy that they thought of us. Thank You! Red roof Inn, Thank You!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2010

The room smelled bad and felt unclean. One bed was half made though sheets seemed clean. Floors had not been vacuumed and were spotted with filth. Missing items expected in room. Phone did not work and they never corrected it (did give small discount) no in room internet. Curtains looked ready to fall, I was afraid to close them.
Pool was dirty. Jacuzzi was dirty and cold. The fitness room was unavailable by card key....staff needs to let you in if you want to wait. If we had counted on the hotel to be part of our vacation experience we would have been sorely disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank deanng66
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I was on the road and needed a place to stay, my wife got online and booked the room for me, the room was dirty the carpets were pulling away from the walls the televisions did not work. the hallways were filthy, there were businesses that were closed down all around this hotel and there was a pothole the size of a VW BUG pulling into the entrance. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Quality Inn & Suites
#9 of 12 in Muskegon
3.7 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Muskegon

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights? Share your experiences!