“Very disappointed ”

Toasted Oak Grill & Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Toasted Oak Grill & Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 205 Restaurants in Novi
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Voted "2011 Top 10 Best New Restaurants of Detroit" by Hour Magazine readers "Handsomely presented and well-executed dishes." - Sylvia Rector, Detroit Free Press Toasted Oak’s cozy dining room offers an exceptional restaurant experience highlighting locally sourced, quality ingredients - from fresh fish to wild morel mushrooms. Signature menu items include Chef Grostick’s House-made Charcuterie Platter with pickled vegetables & mustards, Faygo Root Beer braised short rib and the award winning Porchetta. The inviting space features a sophisticated décor of rustic indulgence created by noted restaurant designer David Ashen, plus a spacious outdoor patio
Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

I have been going here for years, but I think I'm done. Four of my friends and I met in the bar for wine and the cheese board. The service, as always was fabulous. We ordered 3 bottles of wine (2 off the shelf so there were corking fees) we ordered the large cheese board, it was very disappointing! It looked like they gave us scraps of whatever was left over. We had 3 stale crust of bread and 2 crackers. I was so embarrassed that I had chosen this place. We chose to go elsewhere for dinner.

Ferris A, Director of Food & Beverage at Toasted Oak Grill & Market, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2017

Dear Ishfame,

I'm so sorry that your dining experience did not live up to your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback so that we can correct these issues. I would love for you to give us another try. Please contact me at ferris.anthony@thebaronette.com and I will personally make you a reservation so we can take extra special care of you and your party.

Ferris Anthony

Reviewed October 24, 2017

Came with a group of friends and had a marvelous experience. The wine list exceeded expectation (although I wish vintages had been shown); the menu was creative and the each plate from fish to pasta was packed with complimentary flavors, and our servers were both friendly and knowledgeable. Toasted Oak has my vote as the best restaurant in the Novi area.

Reviewed October 23, 2017

The Toasted Oak has been on the SE Michigan foodie scene for several years. It's not new, but it always seems that way every time I come here. Always something new to try and experience. Some of very best wines by the glass. Some terrific cheeses and sausages. And a new menu that makes decisions difficult. What makes all this easy is a staff that is well-versed in every aspect of the food and drinks they offer. It's a very popular spot with a full variety of choices. Located in the Baronette/Renaissance hotel just north of Twelve Oaks Mall and the Novi/I-696 Interchange

Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

I visited this restaurant while staying at the Baronette Renaissance Hotel. Excellent place. Great food, service and ambience. The best Cesar Salad I have ever tasted.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

We had a business meeting over breakfast and everything was perfect. They seated us away from other diners for privacy, at my request. The server gave us time to talk but checked in often in case we needed anything. The food was delicious: eggs cooked perfectly, interesting potatoes, and they even allowed me to add a side of smoked salmon, which was not on the menu. Since it is close to my house, I should remember to dine here more often. I've always had a good experience here.