Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Destinia.com
US$166
View deal
Booking.comUS$216
PricelineUS$184
WyndhamUS$184
All reviews porcupine mountains lake superior attached restaurant watch the sunset picnic tables shores of lake remote area state park visitor center northern lights room was clean big iron sauna and hot tub waffles great place to stay gift shop staff was friendly
Selected filters
Reviewed July 25, 2021

Great location. Exceptional staff. Could hear the people above us using the bathroom. Sounded like the plumbing was just behind my head. Needs better insulation. Fish fry was very good but service was slow in the restaurant. I don’t know if they are owned by restaurant. Barking dog down the hallway. Nice breakfast. All in all, a very nice place.

Reviewed July 23, 2021

If we are ever in the area, we will stay here again. Right on the shores of Lake Superior. With the open windows, the waves lulled us to sleep. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was more than I anticipated. Room was clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed July 21, 2021

They advertise food till 9pm but then close whenever they want. I went down at 8pm to be told the cooks were behind so they would not let me order food. Not my problem they are behind. STAY LATER if you are behind. There are not a lot of options for foods I planned my day to be back by 8pm in order to get food. And this happened multiple times!

Reviewed July 18, 2021

We stayed in one of their suites on the third floor. Bedroom had no airflow and we heard clanking noises throughout the night (e.g., pipes or mechanical issue). Breakfast was standard fare and the small area to sit and watch Lake Superior was nice. On-site restaurant is understaffed and there are very few restaurant options in the vicinity unless one drives 15-20+ miles. It is close to the Porkies, so it is convenient for hikers, but not a great value for what you get.

Reviewed July 11, 2021 via mobile

A fantastic find near the Porcupine Mountains! This hotel was remodeled about five years ago and you’d swear it was brand new. Super clean and nice furnishings, Libby, and staff. They had an outstanding continental breakfast with waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, cereal, fresh fruit, etc. The setting is right on Lake Superior, with a sandy beach and benches to sit on, even a fire pit! A lot of people gathered to watch the sun set. Oh, nice towels, too! I recommend staying here!

Room tip: No need to look for a restaurant. This hotel has a really good restaurant attached.
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank patmA8662MT