All reviews local attractions wonderful sights cozy cabins whitefish point tahquamenon falls wonderful hospitality great view would stay here again lake superior recommend it to anyone coffee pot nikki duane freighters kitchenette grill unit
Reviewed May 21, 2016

We stayed in Cabin 3 with our dog. Owners greeted our dog with a treat. We were looking for a place to just unwind for a few days. Take in the Falls and unplug from life. This place certainly took care of that. Owners are very welcoming and our room was everything we needed. My husband walks with a cane and is a bit unsteady on his feet. The shower had railings all around it. The little things were all there and especially the view. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Great views but water not accessible from hotel. Wi-Fi was in and out, but it didn't concern us.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2015

My own home has NEVER been this clean. But then, I have cats. And children. This little Cabin 1 (of 4) was adorbs. I use this word because I'm pretty sure the owner has never heard it before. Our cabin had a grill for hot dogs or burgers only, and that outdoors. No cooking in the cabin. But we had a fridge and a coffee maker. And really good cable with Direct TV so we could watch MNF. The sunrise from the little beach deck was amazing. We made some coffee, and sat out there, and took photos. I would happily stay here again to hike or bird. This is a real gem.

Room Tip: There are only 4, they are all good.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aviatrix2000
Reviewed October 10, 2015

My husband and I stayed in unit 1 which was very cozy, clean and comfortable with a view of the lake that is fantastic! We were there the third week of September and the weather was wonderfully cool. The owners sincerely appreciate their guests. I was curious to spot freighters in the far distance. Nikki immediately brought out her lap top and looked up the website to find the information. They had cookies for us and we especially enjoyed having the cozy swing along with chairs near the water to enjoy the view. We sat outside with a bottle of wine and could see the lights blinking in the distance. It is so appropriate that this location is in Paradise!

Room Tip: Unit 1 is the closest to the fire pit and steps going down to the rocks. It has two double bed and is very roomy.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2015

We stayed two nights at this Motel as we wanted to see the Taquamemnon Falls (which are nice, but nothing special). This "Motel" consists of 2 Double-Cabins with one room each. The rooms are OK, we slept very well, but the furniture shows a bit wear and tear. However, the benefits and the plus of this place are the location. You can't live closer to the Lake. Just beautiful. If you have a room with kitchenette, you can cook and eat on the beach or you can use one of the BBQs that are around. Worth mentioning: The kindness and helpfulness of the owners. Conclusion: We liked this place and would come back any time.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wernero
Reviewed August 28, 2015

I stayed in Unit 4. The owners were friendly and helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. My room had a kitchenette and tiny bathroom. It was small and outdated but clean. The wifi didn't work and the owner said they haven't been able to get service in units 3 and 4. The lock was sticky and I had trouble locking it on the outside when I left.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo