“Never again!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pellston
Savannah, Georgia
“Never again!”
Reviewed 19 December 2010

I was working in the area right after Thanksgiving with several colleagues and I was the only one that chose this location to stay. My friends stayed at another hotel. I wish I would have stayed where they did! It was a joke. When I arrived, the person working the desk was gone away from the hotel for at least 15-20 minutes. When she got back, she looked disgusted and complained she had to go to the store to get breakfast items because the manager forgot to bring it. Then my reservation was not found. After 10 minutes of looking in the computer, she finally found it. She said my last name was spelled wrong. I also was booked for 4 days and my reservation they had was for 1 night. I was there for all 4 nights and asked to speak to the manager daily and was told he never comes in because he runs another hotel nearby. I even asked daily for them to call the manager and have him call me to no avail. This place is very unprofessional and would not recommend it in its state right now. Only bright spot was it was across the road from my job site.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Tobin22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Denver
Reviewed 30 October 2010

We had to stay here because our flight out of Pellston left early the following day, and my father, who is disabled, needs a lot of time to get ready in the morning.

The matresses were as thin as a cot - so uncomfortable, no one slept a wink. The handicap accessible bathroom was a joke. It was just like a regular bathroom but with a walk in shower instead of a tub - NOT handicap friendly at all. The water smelled like a sewer and tasted like one too.

The girl at the front desk promised us a 6am shuttle the next day to the airporr. When we arrived at 5:50 am, the morning shift guy said they had to take the flight crew first at 6, then they would take us at 6:15. WHAT? We insisted we were told the night before, so he finally did take us at 6 (after 10 minutes of talking to him).

To top it off, no wake up call. Luckily I always set my alarm, so we were able to get up when we needed to.

There are much better hotels nearby if you do not absolutely need to stay here.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank sunytrvler
Cadillac, Michigan
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Nice place. It's quiet even though it's right across the road from Pellston Regional Airport. Very convenient to Mackinaw City. The coffee is good. The pool looks nice, but I didn't use it this time.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Cheboygan Mi
Reviewed 28 May 2010

I recently needed a night out away from the house, and stayed at the Pellston Lodge, all I can say is they have made AMAZING changes to this hotel.

From the reviews I was a little nervous to stay here but decided that the price was right, and it was far enough away from home that I could do it. The reviews don't do this hotel justice, the pool was sparkling clean, the fitness room had all brand new equipment, the bed felt like it was brand new, and the room was clean.

The changes were so dramatic from what I had read, I had to put this review out here.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Rochester Hills, MI
Reviewed 13 August 2008

We booked this hotel to use the pool/whirlpool area for the kids and the workout room for me. The pool was stagnant with no filtration operating. The whirlpool was empty with hoses at the bottom of it. A sign that looked quite old said it was under repair. The workout room was a rusted out recumbant bike and a beat up old treadmill. We were extremely disappointed. - this whole area is in neglect. It is listed as a "spa" in the welcome brochure in our room. The room was basic but clean. Mattress was very uncomfortable and broken down on one side, so that I was rolling out through the night. I would not stay at this particular Holiday Inn Express again. The price did not reflect the value I received. Next time I will drive a few miles and stay in Charlevoix.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Pool/Exercise Area
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 18 October 2007

Room comfortable, clean and nicely appointed. Breakfast was decent. But when I went to the exercise room, I felt like I had entered a dillapidated shack with rusty, non working equipment and a rusty scale. The tv was on the last hinges. Not sure why it was open to guests when it was in such a state of disrepair.

• Stayed October 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank LaurieSusan
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 September 2007

We have paid premium price for a suite in the location due to the labor day weekend. This hotel is about 20 minutes away from Mackinac island. We could not find any other vacant rooms when we booked it.

The room was OK clean. Lotion was missing from the bathroom. And they used one switch to control lights and venting fan in the bathroom. So you got the fan noise whenever you get into bathroom which is kind of annoying.

The breakfest is OK but we missed the biscuit and gravey which we got from another Holiday inn express.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank jjkittycat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pellston
13.8 km away
22.0 km away
Colonial Inn
Colonial Inn
#3 of 3 in Harbor Springs

Been to Pellston Lodge Magnuson Hotel? Share your experiences!