“About as Local As it Gets”

Mitchell Street Pub & Cafe
Ranked #16 of 111 Restaurants in Petoskey
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Come and experience all that the Mitchell St. Pub has to offer. Relax with your favorite beverage, mingle with the locals, discover our award winning menu of freshly prepared food, throw some peanut shells on the floor and be amazed by our eclectic collection of antiques and artifacts, all while listening to the unrivaled, best, vintage jukebox north of the 45th parallel. Discover what the locals already know: the Mitchell St. Pub is Petoskey's one and only Pub! The Pub features a large selection of Domestic, Imported and Michigan Crafted Beers, both on Draft and by the Bottle. Our Wine list has been carefully chosen from vineyards that offer an assortment of Premium and Michigan wines. We are famous for our Great Mexican Nachos, customers consistently rave about our Reuben, they drive for miles for our Grilled Cheese Sandwich, the White Chili has it's own fan club, and, of course, our Pub Burger selections are a favorite of Burger lovers everywhere.
Reviewed December 9, 2017

Nice beer selection. Lots of fun stuff on the walls to look at. The food is OK, nothing great, but good bar type food.

Reviewed November 22, 2017

Know that this is a locals bar. Tourists and visitors do drop in but if you sit at the bar you will meet a variety of characters. Walls are lined with books and whimsical stuff. Drinks are well priced. Food is your typical bar/grill fare yet is not just the pre-made/re-heated stuff. Fresh tasting and good!!

Reviewed November 8, 2017

A local friend of mine met me here for dinner. I ordered the steak, which was tasty. My steak also came with fries, garlic toast, and a single onion ring. I wish I had known that the onion rings were so amazing because I would have ordered more!!

Reviewed October 31, 2017

One of my family members loves this place, and so a group of us went recently for a late lunch when visiting nearby. Both food and service were better than my previous visits. As far as the decor, I like the dark and cozy look more than the next person, but could do without all the clutter and the peanut shells on the floor; that's personal preference. Our harried server came over as soon as she had a free minute, which was a little while, and welcomed us. She gave us the best service anyone possibly could while trying to wait on so many people at once. The beer list is pretty good: most beer drinkers ought to be able to find something that makes them happy. I ordered the daily special, soup and a sandwich, and both were just fine. Everyone else at the table was pleased with his or her food as well. We'll be back.

Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

White chicken chili and French onion soup were delicious, as well as the onion rings. The service was superb and our waiter even let us fast the chili for spiciness. So very glad we tried this out!