“Great little mom and pop bakery!”

Johan's Pastry Shop
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Petoskey
Reviewed April 10, 2017

If you want some delicious bakery treats, stop here! They have huge donuts that our children really loved as well as breads, cinammon rolls, cakes amd more. Very good and well priced! I suggest the big sour cream donut. Yum!

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed February 23, 2017

The best and freshest of morning pastries. Nothing like a donut or pastry from Johan's... prices are more than a grocery store, but the quality is far better and FRESH every morning.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed February 21, 2017 via mobile

Johan's Pastry shop used to be my favorite! I consider myself a donut fanatic & the products while good are not great like they used to be.
X-large donuts with about 20 varieties.
I have frequently found that I'm buying day old donuts sold as baked that day. If you buy day old donuts, you should get a discounted price.
The donuts are still good 2nd day, but not nearly as soft.
They have self serve coffee, about 10 varieties of bagels & make to order cakes.
The products here are still better than most grocery store varieties.
Also, if you come in, say hi to the giant live bird (no, I'm not kidding) George. Birds creep me out, but he's in a cage.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed February 13, 2017

An institution in the area, Johan's Pastry Shop needs to be on your must do list. Pastries, cakes, pies and more made fresh daily. Their doughnuts and sweet rolls are mouth watering delicious. Sunday morning finds them busy with church goers and families just waking up stopping in for a sweet treat. We've been there having a nice afternoon sweet treat when travelers from out of town come in and leave with a bag of goodies. One is never enough.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed January 28, 2017 via mobile

Every year we go to Boyne Mountain skiing and on the day we go home we stop at Johan's Pastry Shop! Everything they bake is epic! Definitely try the cinnamon rolls and the maple long johns! If you love donuts like I do then you must stop in!

Date of visit: January 2017