“Cinnamon Rolls To Die For!”

Johan's Pastry Shop
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Petoskey
Reviewed August 30, 2017

Oh. My. Goodness! We had heard about it, but could not imagine that the Cinnamon Rolls were as good as everyone had said, but ... boy were we wrong! They were HUGE and absolutely amazing ... every bite! The other pastries, pies, cookies and sweet treats looked delicious! If you are anywhere near Petoskey ... STOP and indulge! Yum-Yum-Yum-Yum-Yum-Yum-Yum!

Reviewed August 16, 2017

I'm 68 and I try to be objective.
Extremely nice people.
Not exactly light, fluffy and delicious donuts. For the most part they all tasted the same. dense, heavy and sorry to say greasy. And 6 donuts for $15. A little expensive but it's summer and they have to make a buck and they are very large.
The coffee/espresso is not an Italian roast. It tastes like regular coffee put though an espresso machine. If you are a coffee nut like me then forget this place. The regular coffee is out in warmer pots. I'm not one for coffee out of warmer pots - no telling how long it has been in the pots. I tasted them and they tasted old, not hot and like they have been in the pot for a while.
Bob

Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

Last week I had a maple cinnamon donut. Very heavy but okay. Today I had the chocolate cream filled. Again a very heavy donut like a loaf of bread, not nearly enough icing and the cream tasted like butter rather than cream. I won't be back again.

Reviewed July 23, 2017

I stop in to Johan's every time I am in Petoskey and always enjoy the pastries and cookies, which are fresh and delicious every time!
Before the fire at the Charlevoix store, I used to stop in and order sandwiches. I would like to see the Petoskey location offer sandwiches-they were great and I miss them!

1  Thank Barbara R
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Our family is known as donut nazis and Johans did not disappoint our group. Cake donuts to die for and a cinnamon roll that would make momma cry. There were none left when our party of six got done!