I stayed at this Holiday Inn on my last business trip north. I figured I could trust it because it's a major chain. I knew this hotel allowed dogs. I was told at the front desk, that only certain rooms allow dogs in them and I would be given a non-dog room. Well, I open the door on my room and the first thing I notice was the putrid wet dog odor. I also saw some tiny black bugs (fleas?). Went back down to the desk and told them I wanted a different room. The guy at the desk insisted it was a dog free room. No dog has ever been in there he says. I told him to go smell the room himself. He relents and gives me a different room. As he is doing this, I noticed two huge dogs behind the front desk, not on leashes. I check out the second room and it was fine. Didnt smell bad. So I decide to stay. I've got an early meeting the next day so I go to bed around 9:30. As soon as I fell asleep, the dog in the room next to me starts barking. And it keeps going, these people do nothing to shut it up. I call down to the front desk and tell them whats going on. They say they cant do anything about it. I ask them, dont they have a quiet rule? And the guy is like "well, yeh, I guess so". He says he'll give them a call. 20 minutes later the dog is still barking. I can hear the people in the room with the dog so I know it isnt alone. I call the front desk again. The guy says he's been too busy to call them. Yeh, right. I say either call them or I will and you wont like the way I do it. 10 minutes later still nothing. So I go next door and pound on their door and tell them to keep their dog quiet. And they say they are going to call the front desk about me. I pulled my cell phone out and let them know I was calling the police. That got them to shut their dog up. The next morning I get up early and go down for breakfast. Go into the dining room and see some guy feeding his dog. Right in the dining room from the food on the bufett. Someone elses little boy started walking toward the dog, I think to pet it, and the dog lunged at him. Glad the owner at least had the dog on a leash. The people who had the little boy quickly got out of there. I decide at that point to switch hotels. I go to the front desk to cancel my second night and the manager informs me that there is a complaint against me. Must have been made by the people in the room next to me. Basically, he told me I wasnt welcome for a second night. He was real arrogant about it. I think he's the one with all the dogs and he's letting them run around all over the hotel as they please. What is this guy going to do if they maim someones child? I dont feel this place is safe for children, not with all the dogs running around. It's just a lawsuit waiting to happen. I'm planning to contact the Holiday Inn corporation about this. I dont recommend staying here. The place smells bad, isnt clean (fleas) and not safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Petoskey, MI Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites near Little Traverse Bay.This new hotel is conveniently located off Hwy 131 and offers easy access to ski resorts, golf courses, casino, wineries and beautiful Petoskey beaches: home to Michigan's state gem, the Petoskey stone. Your family can enjoy a stay at our Petoskey accommodations with an ideal location near the Bay Harbor Marina, Kilwin's Quality Confections Tours, Raven Hill Discovery Center and Michigan's largest indoor water park, Avalanche Bay. Petoskey is also home to the Gaslight Shopping District and the Odawa Casino.Business travelers enjoy our hotel in Petoskey because of its convenient location near businesses such as Manthei, H&D, Wal-Mart and Northern Michigan Hospital. Several world-class golfing venues, like Crooked Tree and Bay Harbor, are within six miles of our hotel in Petoskey, MI. Free high-speed Internet access and faxing services are offered for your convenience.Our excellent Petoskey hotel facilities offer you upscale amenities including private balconies, a fitness center, a heated indoor pool, whirlpool & dry sauna and a free stretch-limousine shuttle from 3 - 11 PM, with service to all area attractions within a 10-minute radius. Wake up to the fabulous views of Bear River Valley and Little Traverse Bay. Book your stay in Petoskey, MI today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Petoskey
- Holiday Inn Petoskey
- Holiday Inn Express Petoskey
- Petoskey Holiday Inn