“Awesome coffee place!”
Review of Dripworks Coffee

Dripworks Coffee
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Petoskey
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: Artisan coffee and tea bar serving European style pastries made on site as well as gluten free baked donuts and seasonally inspired soups. Specializing in brewed-to-order single-origin coffees, loose-leaf teas and espresso drinks. Top of the line brew gear, single origin chocolates and coffees and teas for home brewing also available in our retail section.
Reviewed October 5, 2018

Great environment, great coffee, great food items! The hot mocha was delicious, and the frittata was also excellent. I will definitely return here next time I am in Petoskey!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

My good friends and I love coffee done right. This place was pretty much perfection! The service from Mary was patient, friendly and knowledgeable. The presentation is beautiful. The interior design is just right. I read all the previous reviews and I have to say that some folks just aren’t getting what is being offered here. If you want a quick cup of coffee and a donut, go to Dunkin’ Donuts. If you have a more elevated relationship with coffee and want to have a memorable experience, you will love Dripworks. Check it out!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 22, 2018

Stopped by after lunch before continuing our drive to Traverse City, Great Coffee desert and ice chocolate. Stuff was very friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: July 2018
Danielle C, Owner at Dripworks Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! Knowing you had such an enjoyable experience in our cafe has made my day!

All the best,

Danielle

Reviewed July 19, 2018

My wife and I stopped by on our way in to Petoskey for some shopping and needed something cold to drink. We were hoping for a quick in and out, but we wound up waiting about 10 minutes. There were plenty of employees there, but were busy talking behind the counter. The drink itself tasted great and was made with fresh ice cream, but the cup was mostly full of ice. It definitely wasn't worth $6!

Date of visit: July 2018
Danielle C, Owner at Dripworks Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2018

Hi Chad,

My name is Danielle and I co-own Dripworks along with my husband Mike. We are so sorry to hear you were unhappy with the price and wait time for your iced chocolate! As a business, we try and prove to our customers that paying a little more and waiting a little longer for something made carefully with quality ingredients is worth it...in your case it sounds like we definitely failed and I feel really terrible knowing you walked out the door feeling so unhappy.

We make the ice cream for that drink ourselves using local cream from Guernsey Farm Dairy and local eggs. We combine the ice cream with local milk from Shetler Family Dairy and our own chocolate syrup made using cocoa powder that we source from French chocolatier Cocoa Barry. The higher cost of these ingredients does make it one of the pricier drinks on our menu. Would knowing the quality of the ingredients have made any difference to you in feeling the drink was worth the price?

As we make that drink to order it can take a minute, especially if there are other orders before it. I do apologize that the wait time was not communicated to you as I know how frustrating it can feel to wait when you aren't expecting to.

If you can let me know the day and time of your visit I would be more than happy to refund your order. Also, please let us know if there was anything else we could have done differently that would have made your experience better. We value the experience we give our customers above all else and when things go wrong we like to try and understand how to improve moving forward.

Again, so sorry for your unhappiness and please accept our apologies!

Danielle

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying that the coffee is expensive, and when I drink coffee, I mainly want something to accentuate my vanilla creamer. That being said, apparently their coffee is fabulous? But that is not what I am here to rate.
Their pastries. One word. Wow.
Their croissants are fabulous. They make them on site each morning, and even more fabulous- their chai croissants. Try these. They are a little expensive, but worth every penny. They are so good. Everything is fresh and delicious.
I guess try their coffee too.

Date of visit: May 2018
Danielle C, Owner at Dripworks Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Hello!

I co-own Dripworks along with my husband Mike and on behalf of ourselves and our entire staff, we wanted to send you a big thank you for taking the time to review our shop! You have no idea how much it means to us knowing that you enjoyed our pastries so much -- people often focus on the coffee in their reviews so we are always really excited when someone talks about how much they enjoyed our baked offerings. Mike does all of the baking so he was especially happy to read your review :)

Thank you again so much for making our day!

Danielle, Mike and Staff