“Friendly Family Food”

JR's Hometown Grill & Pub
Ranked #31 of 111 Restaurants in Petoskey
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

JRs was highly recommended to us and we were not disappointed. We visited with three grandchildren who were pleased with the children's menu. On Saturday the delicious Margaritas are half price. The table next to us had hot beef sandwiches and we returned on Sunday for them. They are made from prime rib and tasted as good as they looked. An extra bonus was the children's meals were half price on Sunday. The staff both days were very friendly and accommodating to the children.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed August 3, 2017

Called ahead to arrange a birthday party for my wife with my family and wanted it to be special. Asked if the waitress would help me with cake I was going to bring.
She was accommodating and took my reservation.
To my surprise she called day off to make sure my arrangements were all set and if I needed help with anything!! Who does that! Very amazing.
When we arrived table was ready and decorated with a little pizzazz for her birthday to my surprise. Food was great and quite quick.
We felt very special!
Only regret is I forgot the waitresses name but you know who she is as she goes that extra mile!

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Joseph C
Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

We both had the grilled shrimp. I had it with grilled onions and mushrooms. Excellent! Food was too high end elite but very good. Decent portions. We will be going back.

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

Went here with family for quick lunch. Ordered 2 salads , soup and wrap sandwich. I can make a salad so much better. It's like they opened dole pre washed salad bag and put on plate. Mine was southwestern chicken salad that had bacon on it. First of all no bacon on it and the cheese was so small , like a teaspoon of it on top. Asked waitress about small entree size salad. She didn't tell me it was the size of a side salad. I guess that was a good thing since my grilled chicken meat was full of fat. The other salad wasn't any better. Someone ordered the wrap sandwich which he liked. That's why I'm giving the place 2 stars. If I based it on my salads , would've given less stars. Wouldn't come back here again.

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

Read about the dinners, but the lunch was really good. Had a mushroom and Swiss cheeseburger and chips and salsa. The wait staff was a little bit slow, but I can't argue the quality of the food was there. Good lunch!