“FRIDAY SALVINO’S KARAOKE NIGHT”

Salvino's Ristorante
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Plainwell
Reviewed November 5, 2017

FRIDAY SALVINO’S KARAOKE NIGHT
A First Experience Takeaway
November 3, 2017

Salvino’s: It is a two section building with a sports bar and a dining room. Karaoke is located in the bar and at 9:20p there was no seating for us. However, the hostess provided us with a buzzer which indicates a table has opened up. We decided to eat in the dining room while waiting for the signal to go off. Our drinks just arrived and the hostess came with the news of a booth* opening, so we packed up and moved to the sports bar section.

DJ: Higgins Mobile DJ Entertainment is an unusually good host.
(1) His bumper (fill in) music is right on cue, (2) he himself does not sing when there are 8-10 singers in rotation, (3) he has, not only the song but the brand and version I am used to, (4) he operates two laptop computers likely the reason why he can run a scrolling header with the names of the next three singers, (5) the audience is not left without a video monitor to see the words.

Karaoke: The booth* was #1; as close to the DJ as possible and as close to the pole speaker directly behind my head. Most of the 100dB volume was tolerable for four hours, but some reached 105dB. Fast forward to Saturday. I already have tinnitus hissing in both ears but now I had a second raspy grunge frequency playing right on top of the first noise. As of this writing, the grunge has completely ceased. I won’t do that #1 booth again.

It was a surprise to sing in a full house and have some folks actually watching you. We are not used to that in the Grand Rapids area anymore. We didn’t notice any reverb in the sound equipment and that would be the only negative. Used reverbs are $90 and up everyday. Looking forward, weather permitting, we want to be grafted in with the regular crowd. Salvino’s Rocks!

Food: With us ordering food on one side of the building and eating in another, utilizing two servers my order must of got mixed up. They have two lasagnas; cheese and meat. Mine came with a slice of pepperoni on top. If that meant it was meat. . . well, It was cheese in my opinion. Not having anything to eat yet this day, I ordered a chocolate volcano w/ice cream. In less than a minute it was gone. Conversely my buddy ordered pizza and thought it was excellent.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Good food, courteous wait staff and reasonable price. First time visit surprised by large selection on lunch buffet.

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

We stopped here late on a Monday, the bar area was full of folks watching the football game. This made for a fun atmosphere. The wait staff was nice and attentive. They had nice beer specials. We had an appetizer and a sandwich. They were good with large portions. I would recommend it.

Reviewed July 6, 2017

The food is good and leans toward Italian style, calzones, pizza, Spaghetis, and several othe excellent foods, also have have a buffet

Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

We walked in and had the choice of dinning or Sport. We went the dinning route and we could see all the Sport TVs. We were greeted by Britney our waitress. She was great and knew the menu items well and made suggestions for us. Our selection was the Pizza Sub and the Stromboli and 2 ice teas. I like ice tea it's my fav for sure. Britney made the show with refills like quick like a bunny she was with the refills. Bill? $26 and and $5 for the tip. Dinner and service was excellent. You will have a great time like we did. Have fun we did