“Excellent service”

Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Pontiac
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We had a wonderful time staying at this hotel. Upon checking in, we were greeted by the receptionist Adam. The service provided by Adam was excellent. He went out of his way to make us feel comfortable and at ease. For example, he called a nearby restaurant to check whether it was opened (Thanksgiving) or not. He also drew us a map to a nearby restaurant. When we asked about nearby shopping malls, he also gave us a map of the Great Lakes Crossing. Just excellent service all around.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 October 2011

Excellent! Excellent! There were 34 travellers in our soccer touring group, majoritry 15 and 16 year olds. The staff were outstanding, always there to help, nothing too hard. The rooms were clean and extremely comfortable and we felt safe at all times. Location was superb for the games we played, and the shopping in the area was excellent. Great laundry facilities for the team. Met really nice people from all over the world in the common area during breakfast. We can highly recommend this hotel. General Manager in particular was the nicest of ladies.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2011

the hotel is very confortable and offers all services needed to live like home. The management is very friendly and efficient and able to solve any kind of issues you could have. Room are big and well equipped. Swimming pool and gym are available at any time. Breakfast is good with aboundant choice.
Excellent also free happy hour program in the garden

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I travel 100% for my company so I can speak from real experience of other Marriott Residence Inn East of the Mississipppi.
This one is by far well below any I have stayed at.
I requested a room with an oven up front and was given one with only a 2 burner cook top range. They moved me the next day - that was hassle one and if had been all, would have been easy for me to overlook. But other things became issues for me.
The staff did their best to complete the room equipment that I find is always at other locations (i.e. missing dishes - utencels - etc.) It took me 2-3 days to note all missing items so I could cook meals in my room as is intended when you stay at a residence inn style hotel.
ALso the TV is of 1990s style - curved glass CRT where other locations have LCD wide screen HD units. The microwave was so small I could not place my travel coffee cup inside. Through out the properity I noticed items in need of repair or upgrade.
To reach the swimming pool / work out room / breakfast areas it is necessary for you to go outside the building of the rooms and then enter the building housing these. In poor weather not a plus by far.
Now to point out this, my dissatisfaction was not so much of lesser conditons but rather the room rate was 1/3 higher than I have paid at other Marriott Residence Inns.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a normal Marriott Residence Inn - do not expect it here.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank gsmitch13
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Several families stayed for a wedding and we had multiple problems. The most troublesome was the front desk refused to give out toilet paper.....having run out and did not know where to get it or was not allowed to call a manager after 10pm..unbleievable! After a thunderstorm the carpet was wet ( sloshed when you walked) and upon reporting it to the front desk there reponse was....so??????
Rooms were not cleaned every day . Only upon request.
Unpleasant stay for some of the families. On writing letters no one seemed overy concerned at any of these items. Definately would not return...or at lease with cleaning supplies and my own toilet paper!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We stayed here for 3 weeks while my son had 3 weeks intensive therapy. I can't praise the staff enough. Any issues we had they were on it right away. The breakfast is outstanding and the light supper is great too. We had a 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen which was roomy and clean. The wireless internet is a bonus too. Great positioning. 5 minute drive to the supermarket. Buger King, Zoup, Dairy Queen, Thai and more was a 5 minute walk. 15 minutes drive to a great outlet shopping mall called 'Great Lakes Crossing outlets' a must to visit. We'll stay here again for sure. A+

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2011

The buildings are not connected. If you want ice, sodas, snacks -- anything -- you need to go outside, which is not ideal in freezing weather. We are a family with 2 young children and using the pool was a nightmare. It was too much bother to get everyone up, dressed and outfitted with hats, gloves, etc. so we didn't even make breakfast. I'm surprised that this was not mentioned in any other reviews. I truly hate to give such a low rating because the staff was incredibly nice and helpful. The hotel was very nice, clean and conveniently located. I'm sure if you stayed here in warm weather (with no rain), the hotel would be much better.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LovetoTravel8675
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontiac
0.2 km away
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
#5 of 18 in Auburn Hills
11.1 km away
TownePlace Suites Detroit Auburn Hills

Been to Residence Inn Detroit Pontiac/Auburn Hills? Share your experiences!