“We keep on coming back”

Hampton Inn Port Huron
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Port Huron
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We have stayed in this hotel at least 4 times, mainly for shopping trips to the States. We tried one other hotel in the area and won't go anywhere else because we know the rooms will be bright, clean and quiet. The staff are very nice and helpful. My son and husband used the pool, hot tub and exercise rooms and were very pleased. For breakfast we made our own hot waffles and they were very good. There was also fruit, yogurt, cereal, muffins etc. (Didn't like the egg mixture though.) Check-in and out was easy and fast. We will keep on coming back here when we stay in the Port Huron area.

Room Tip: Be sure to join the points plan for this or any other Hilton hotel you are staying in...ask if they...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kitts4

Reviewed 24 September 2011

We were well pleased with our stay here. The room had been updated and very nice. The personnel were very friendly and helpful. The only downside was that there seemed to be major bridge or road construction going on that made the location a little difficult to find. There were not many choices for eating that were close, but we did walk to the Bob Evans nearby and had a very good meal.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank retiretravel46
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Stayed one night enroute to Troy after crossing the Canadian border late at night. We didn't expect much but was happily surprised and impressed. The room was modern, well decorated, clean, and extremely comfortable. Nice flat screen tv, fridge and microwave. Free internet (I think if you have Hilton membership). Took a quick tour, there was a pool and a small fitness room, it was very cold in there.

The breakfast area is pretty and your standard fare, well stocked.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I have stayed at this hotel before but upon arrival the manager happened to be at the front door and immeadiately recognized me from past trips. As I was waiting to be checked in a call came to the front desk and the clerk took it. The manager stopped doing what he was doing and came to the desk and told me I shouldn't have to wait and checked me in quickly.
Nice to be recognized and have such good service. The room was clean ready when I got there and the staff was very polite including the breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Talk to the manager he is very helpfull
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Stayed last weekend for a family event. The hotel is much more attractive than I expected and the staff is very professional. it is also more expensive than most in Port Huron. They do have an extensive hot and decent breakfast (but the Bob Evan's across the street has real eggs and bacon). My pet peeves are these. A hotel at this price should at least have real coffee creamer in the rooms with the coffee maker instead of the powdered junk. Thankfully I noticed and grabbed some from the lobby breakfast area in the evening. TV remote didn't work. Our room, 319, had a very noisy and constant on/off heating unit and being a somewhat light sleeper I didn't get much sleep as a result. And, no, I didn't want to change rooms in the middle of the night when my wife was sound a sleep. Luckily, I found some earplugs in my shaving kit and they helped. I'd stay again if the rate was good. Check yours each day after you book because they fluctuate greatly.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank buffalo52
Reviewed 1 March 2011

I am a regular business traveler and I booked a non smoking room, but the room provided stunk of smoke. All the towels provided were covered with hair (not sure why) and totally unusable, the phone in the room did not work and I was unable to contact front desk when I needed to. I did complain to management about both issues and they did change my room and linen for me promptly. The explanation about the smell was that some prior customer must have smoked and they recently converted some smoking rooms into non smoking rooms. Why not make sure that the rooms are smell free and linen is clean before you rent them out? No explanation on the dirty towels. I had thankfully carried my own towels and used them for the rest of the stay there. The first impression is the lasting one and I would never go back there again. The fridge and microwave provided were pretty much in a non working condition and I was tired of complaining and left it at that. They are in dire need of good housekeeping and a great deal of supervision in that area.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank pravasi01
Reviewed 24 January 2011

There aren't many options for hotels in Port Huron but this one has proven to be the best. The rooms were pretty clean (just one of the bed spreads had marks on it and a couple of small tears) and the lobby & hallways were as clean as possible considering the snow resulting in salt/sand everywhere.

My biggest issue with the hotel was that I walked down to breakfast at 9:50 (ends at 10) and as I was attempting to make a waffle was rudely told "the waffle machine is now off." Huh? I was too tired to argue so I turned around to try to get a box of cereal and her colleague was carrying that off. Cups for orange juice? Gone just as fast. Now, I understand they were probably overwhelmed with a hockey tournament in town but as someone who frequents Hilton hotels (specifically Hampton Inn's) I was disappointed they weren't even willing to keep it open until the posted time. Their rudeness was unnecessary to say the least.

I would stay here again for sure but hopefully service in the breakfast area improves for my next stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business