“Where's the tub???”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Where's the tub???”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

This is a charming, classy hotel staffed with people who'll go the extra mile for their guests. Just be aware of the fact that if you want a bath tub, they are hard to come by and are quite expensive!

Room Tip: If having a bathtub is important to you, then inquire specifically about that. It never dawned on me...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you for kind words about the hotel and our service team. It is wonderful to hear that guests feel our team will go above and beyond to insure a positive guest experience.

I wish that there were more tubs in the hotel as I have heard this comment before. As you have mentioned there are only a few available and most of those are in our suites. While I am happy that we were in a sold out status during your visit, I do wish we could have met your need for a tub in your room.

We appreciate that you stayed with us and look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Best Wishes,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ventura, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night after our wedding this past August before leaving for France. We couldn't have picked a better hotel in the area. I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. I know that our staff will be quite appreciative.

All of us at the hotel hope that you will consider us as your home away from home for your first anniversary this coming August.

Best Wishes.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

I always stay at the Royal Park - and it is always a top-notch experience. Great location, great rooms, great food, great staff. THE hotel to visit if you're going to be in the Northern Detroit Suburbs!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words and your loyalty to our hotel. I will share your thoughts and comments with our team at this week's All Team Meeting. It is fabulous to know we are THE hotel to visit if you are in our area.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

On our trip to the wonderful and grand state of Michigan, we found a wonderful and charming Old English Style Hotel in Rochester. It is called the Royal Park Hotel. Not a 'big box' hotel, never the less a 'Grand Hotel' ! Warm and inviting lobbby and check in area, with Fireplace crackling. The rooms are beautiful and unique, and charming. Every amenity you can expect in a 4 or 5 star hotel. Arriving late the first night, we opted for room service. We were not disapointed with the food. In the morning we had a chance to explore the Hotel a little bit further. It has a very elegant restraunt which was also elegant and warm . We thought it would be ideal to eat outside on the terrace, however this was still cold weather when we were there.
I would rate it four stars, and the only thing holding it back from a five star rating 9 by my rating system, ) would be the lack of service people. I distinctly had the feeling they were not fully staffed as befitting a luxury hotel ? However, having said that, I would stay there again, and would highly recommend this charming oasis. A good juimping off point if you are travelig Northward.

Room Tip: The Troy shopping Mall is close by, and well worth the trip for shoppers. The Detroit Metropolitan A...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. I will share them with our staff at the upcoming All Hands Meeting. I am certainly glad that you will consider us again for any future trips to our area.

I hope that you will take a moment to contact me at your convenience regarding the staffing comments so I can better understand which areas you perceived to be less than fully staffed. It is important to me and our team that every guest receives an exceptional experience. When we hear that we can do better, we want to investigate that closely. Please feel free to reach me at 248.453.8700 - my direct line.

Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

Stayed here for a wedding and booked a larger grand room with a little more square footage and view of Paint Creek. Liked having a little seating area in my room. Closets are so large. Was lucky enough to take advantage of the Royal Passport special they had been running. Should have bought more than I did because most of my family members needed more for their rooms which I did not have any extra. I had hoped to have enough to come back for the tea one day but we used them all during our stay. We enjoyed the Commons bar being open late. My mom likes a late night cup of coffee which she could get down there. Staff is supurb - valet and bellman go above and beyond regularly. The bridal suite leaves nothing to be desired. Only drawback I had was the entry to the shower a little hard to manuever - wish it opened out not in. I had no time this stay for a pool but am surprised this location does not not have one. Food was great and we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast with a supurb wait staff.

Room Tip: Even in the winter nice to have a view of the Paint Creek.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. I know that our entire team will be appreciative of your many comments when I advise them. I am happy that you took advantage of the Royal Passport promotion - it was a huge hit for our loyal guests.

We do hope that you come back and enjoy tea soon. Our tea hostess, Mary Kuhn, would be quite pleased to serve you. We also hope that you take a night off to come back and just relax.

Harrison Twp, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

Stayed at the Royal Park Hotel just one night for the Big, Bright Light Show in downtown Rochester. Downtown is walking sistance from the hotel. Very spacious room (Luxury King) with a river view. All of the staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 29 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Royal Park. We are so glad that you found your time with us enjoyable and that the Big, Bright Light Show was a hit. We are quite lucky to be so close to downtown Rochester for all of teh holiday festivities.

I will inform all of our team of your kind comments about their helpfulness and friendliness. They will be pleased to hear about your words.

We hope to see you again soon.

Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Stayed here just 1 night while visiting family for Thanksgiving. It is a well maintained hotel - nice size rooms, pleasant staff. Disappointment was the coffee....it is not avialable in rooms but in the library downstairs.....so has to dress to get some. Was very weak - athough advertised as a super dooper variety.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel, its guest rooms and our staff. I am sure they will be pleased to know you thought so well of them.

I apologize for the strength of the coffee as it clearly did not meet your expectations. We take pride in serving mokorabia coffee which is specially roasted for us from a local coffee company. I will personally look into this matter as a good cup of coffee in the morning is the perfect way to start the day.

i do hope that we will see you visitng family over the Christmas holiday period. If so, please feel free to contact me personally.

Best Wishes,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
16.8 km away
MotorCity Casino Hotel
#12 of 33 in Detroit
9.8 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!