When we arriived here, check in was quick and painless & we were in our room in no time. The room was very nice & updated. Since we have stayed at this property several times, we were pleasantly supprised. We were in the room about an hour & still very cold so we figured we'd head out to get some dinner while the room warmed up. Well, upon our return we could still see our breath in the room. We all tried to mess with the heater to get some warm air to blow out & just didn't get any where. We called the front desk & the nice lady told us we could switch rooms since the maintainance was gone for the night. We really didn't want to have to since we unpacked our things already but she gave us the room next door so moving was quite easy. The next room looked just as nice & it was warm! Problem solved. The next morning we went to the lobby for our ride to the airport (we did the sleep/park/fly deal) and there were a couple guys sitting & having coffee. They told us what van it would be & to wait a bit, which we did & we were on our way. Still no major problems for us. We were given a paper with a phone number to call upon our return & we would get a van to bring us back to our vehicle. We returned 11 days later, called the number & were told it would be about 10 minutes. Well, we came out & there was a van there but they took off before we could flag him down so we waited for at least another 15 minutes before another one of their vans pulled up. A large croud of people ran to it including us & we were told that they aren't picking up people for Americas Best Value Inn & to wait for the next van. We waited another 10 minutes or so & another van pulled up so we ran to him. He said he wouldn't take us either & that if we jumped in his van (at this time we would have just to get warm. We just got back from Jamaica & were in freezing Detroit in Feb.) that we would have to ride around town with him until he wanted to take us to our truck. He was very rude about it & we weren't getting any happier. The guy from the second van came up to this guy & they talked for a minute & he told the second driver to take us. We got all our bags in the van & when we went to get inside, there was no room for us. I was going to ride standing up until three people were nice enough to crunch together so I could use the edge of their seat. We've stayed on this property at least 7 times & the rooms weren't near as nice but the shuttle service was quick & easy so we would always return. Well, this really spoiled it for us. The hotel is nice but the shuttle service is rude, inconsiderate & not at all customer friendly. We won't be returning for this reason. We only use the hotel for the sleep/park/fly option & now that that is a problem, we will find another place to stay for our future trips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Americas Best Value Inn-Metro Airport! Americas Best Value Inn-Metro Airport is a newly renovated hotel with up to date guestrooms and amenities. Our guestrooms offer coffee makers, hairdryers, full size ironing board/iron, microwaves & refrigerators. A complimentary deluxe continental breakfast is served each morning in our lobby. We are located 1 mile north of Detroit Metro Airport and only 15 minutes from Downtown Detroit and its many attractions. At Americas Best Value Inn we know you have a variety of hotels to choose from, but what makes our hotel different from the rest? At Americas Best Value Inn-Metro Airport our Lodge, Park and Fly Package is what separates us from the rest! Americas Best Value Inn-Metro Airport is the only hotel licensed by the City of Romulus to offer on premise long term park. We look forward to your arrival! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Romulus
- Howard Johnson Hotel Romulus
- Howard Johnson Romulus