“AMAZING lunch! ”
Review of Cafe Muse

Cafe Muse
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Muse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 217 Restaurants in Royal Oak
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fourth Street
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Three friends had a great time: service was very good (Ashley) & food was excellent! Why can’t more restaurants put this much CARE and LOVE into what they do? I wish everyplace deserved a 4-5 star review...

Dining room was a little chilly but not bad. We were there at 12:30 on a weekday so it wasn’t too crowded.

We each had a cup of the shredded chicken chili—a little spicy, but the corn in it offset that a bit. It came with a small piece of the most moist bread I’ve ever had—our waitress called it fruit bread but we all thought it tasted like pumpkin. It was so good that we asked for a little more and the waitress obliged. We wanted to buy some to go but she said they don’t sell it that way. I’m sure we would have bought at least 3 loaves if they did!!

One friend and I shared the (famous!) grilled cheese sandwich on sourdough and a chicken salad sandwich on rye (chips for our sides). The other friend also had the grilled cheese. They use Zingerman’s breads.

I had the flavored but unsweetened iced tea (very hard to find at restaurants), black currant - yum!

Negatives:
- There was a woman cleaning tables wearing a khaki army-style jacket over a black hoodie—not really fitting with the atmosphere of the restaurant.
- I think there were 4 different menus—would be nice to pare that down so it’s not so overwhelming
- Website isn’t mobile friendly and lists Feb 17 weekly specials, but it’s early April

Check for the 2 of us sharing was $37, inc tax & tip. Cant wait to return!!

Reviewed March 13, 2018

Went here last summer and it was wonderful. Perhaps our waiter was just having an off night. Service was dreadfully slow and felt like we were bothering him. Had to go find him to get the bill. The food was also not all that I remembered it to be.

Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

We go here often for lunch but just tried it for breakfast for the first time. The food was excellent as was the service. I will be going back as soon as possible

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

One of our favorite places for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We eat here a few times a month. The lemon ricotta pancakes with blueberry syrup, and the grilled cheese with tomato, basil & honey are worth ordering at least once. Consistently quality food and menu specials. Cheers, Chef!

Reviewed January 22, 2018

I can't attest to what they offer for anything other than brunch, but if you are in the mood for a fabulous brunch, you gotta get here. Yeow. It's not a place for you to stop if you want scrambled eggs, or toast and bacon, or an english muffin. There are literally dozens of places for that. Oh no, this is brunch cuisine and it's elevated at that! Whatever they're doing back there is working cause the food is incredible.

I was so tempted by so many things on their menu that it was a last minute decision as the waiter was standing over me because my wife and daughter had already ordered. You know that kind of pressure, right? Well, I went with the stuffed French Toast and it was to die for. Guess I work well under pressure! It was soft pillows of french toast stuffed with mascarpone and pears and it was a taste sensation. I'm still dreaming about it a month later. My wife opted for the Ricotta and Lemon pancakes with homemade blueberry syrup. Thank goodness she couldn't finish it all cause I was able to swoop in and clean up so we didn't get those embarrassing questions like "oh, you didn't like it" from the waiter. These were magical and every bite precipitated an eye roll as you savored that richness. My daughter's coconut pineapple waffle was another imaginative delight and I partook of a few bites of that as well. Scrumptious! Our service was top notch tool! And such a cute space!!

Cafe Muse in now on my must stop list every time I'm in Royal Oak. It's that good.