“Horrible Management”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
lansing
“Horrible Management”
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I booked Country Inn and Suites for my wedding party and guests 6 months before my wedding. The manager I talked to was Matt, he was very nice and sold me when he said he would shuttle my guests back from the reception to the hotel. After sending out invites to my guests they began calling the hotel and were told there was no reservation under our name. I then called and was treated very poorly by Shalon who said Matt no longer works for them. She told me she is the new manager and nothing was entered into the computer for our bridal party and made me feel as if it was my fault. I asked her about the shuttle and she told me they don't do shuttle, and after arguing with me she agreed she would work something out. She never got back to me and never once tried to make this run smoothly for the bride to be. Therefor a large amount of my guests stayed elsewhere, because of the hassle. My husband and I did stay overnight. After leaving the hotel I realized I had left a keepsake handkerchief in the room. My mom called the hotel and the clerk told her they found it and she could come and pick it up. My mom and Aunt arrived and were met by the RUDE manager Shalon who argued about the keepsake and told them she didn't know anything about a handkerchief and she is the manager so she would know. One of the clerks then handed it to my mom and they left. Shalon is horrible in a work environment where customer service is important. I would be embarassed to have her a part of my hotel staff.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amanda4633
CISSaginaw, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saginaw, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
amanda4633,

I would like to apologize for the communication mix up with your group, I belive there was a mis-understanding with the stipulations about you recieveing a complimentary shuttle. If you would like to further discuss this matter or any other issue please do not hesitate to contact me at 989-792-7666.

Craig- Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
National City, Michigan
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Had a lot of trouble finding our way into the place. We had a suite on the second floor. The only reason we did is because we booked on line . It was the cheapest room, Very nice place!! Bed was comfy, Slept very good! We didn't hear any noise in the hallway like other places. The pool was outside , We did not use it. It looked nice, Breakfast was good. I have no other complaints.Again, Very nice place!!! Would stay there again

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Vickyll55,

Thank You so much for the review, we love to have our guests post reviews after staying with us here at the Country Inn & Suites Saginaw, MI. However I would like to apologize about the confusion with the entrance. Booking online as you did can be good for getting Suites or even Standard rooms at resonable prices, I am gald you had a good experience.

Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Hotel completely made over. Pleasing decor. Staff friendly and accommodating. Continental breakfast is adequate.Bonus feature warm cookies and good coffee available.

• Stayed August 2011
Dave and Joann,

Thanks so much for helping spread the word about our new renovations. Just to let you know we have made so additional improvments to our breakfast since your stay, not just with more food options but we know serve our breakfast on real chinaware. And ofcourse we always have our freshly baked cookies.

Williamsville, New York
Reviewed 16 August 2011

The hotel is easy to find right off the interstate and you're instantly greeted with very friendly staff. Complimentary HOT breakfast is a plus!! They do allow pets however I did pay $25 a night extra for our doggie but I was happy they allowed her. The bed was comfortable - the room was very clean - we had the king suite. It was safe and located next to shops and restaurants!!

• Stayed August 2011
BuffaloNYgirls,

On the behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inn & Suites of Saginaw, MI we would like to thank you for your friendly review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed stay, and that you found a place to stay with your pet.

Craig- Front Office Manager
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I was booked into this hotel on a business trip by my company's travel agency. I hate to give this hotel a poor rating - it was exceptionally clean, in a convenient location, the staff was very helpful, but they cannot control rowdy guests. Out of a 12 day stay. beginning July 23, I didn't get to sleep until 2 in the morning due to partying guests on at least 3 occasions. The first instance happened when 1 women checked in with 2 kids, then proceeded to open the door on her room for 2 more women and 4 more kids, a total of 9 people, who partied until 1:30 am. Then a group of Grand Blanc little league football parents partied until 2 in the morning, totally ignoring the hotel staff's directions to quiet down, in consideration of other guests. I asked to be moved away from them--I had to get up at 6 the next morning--but was told they couldn't move me. I should have just called the police. They have no hotel security and since the guests were paying no attention to hotel management, they seemed helpless to control the situation. Other guests in surrounding rooms were complaining and very irate--needless to say this situation could have taken an ugly turn very easily. A few days later, a traveling teenage baseball team checked in! I complained to the corporate office upon my return home and got an offer of $25 off on my next stay. It's safe to say I won't be using this. I doubt very seriously that the Marriott or any hotel top-notch hotel chains allow such behavior by their guests.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank SalvoGal
SalvoGal,

I am so sorry to hear that you occured a noise inconvience during your stay with us. Sometimes large groups can get a little out of hand, I assure you we do not aspire to have only rowdy or partying guest stay with us. If you would like to dicuss this issue further please feel free to contact me at 989-792-7666. I do hope you will give us a 2nd chance we rarley have such large groups and are rather a quite hotel normaly.

Craig - Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Saginaw hotels

Norwalk, CT
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this stay was. I was there very briefly (checked in after midnight & left at dawn), but I thought it was a real nice spot.

Saginaw is a annual stop for me - I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, Comfrot Inn Fairfield Inn and Motel 8. This is now my favorite and I willl be back!

The highway (675?) is very close and convenient, but not heard.

My reservation & check-in went smoothly. My room was on the second floor. I didn't find the elevator, but I was traveling light anyway.

The room was clean and very nicely appointed. TV was good (watched a couple minutes.

I did not get to see much else, like a pool etc. I left before the breakfast strarted.

The prking lot wraps around the building - so be sure to ask where to park and what entry door to use.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Try for 1st floor, elevator was hard to find.