“Great room for a cheap price.”

Knights Inn Saginaw
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Tampa
“Great room for a cheap price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

I stayed here for one night for business, and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The rate was pretty cheap, and the room had a nice bed with a memory foam mattress. It also has a big flat screen TV with lots of channels and even some in HD. The room was in the building right up front by the check-in desk, so everything worked out great. I would definitely stay here again, for about 50 bucks after tax you cant really beat that.

Room Tip: If you can get the rooms that have the memory foam mattress that is a definite bonus.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank USFBowler
GMKnightsInnMI, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Saginaw, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Hello USFBowler,

We truly appreciate your time in sharing your experience during your visit in our hotel and for taking note of our amenities and effort to provide value accommodation to our guests.

We look forward to your next visit in our hotel and provide your next lodging needs in our hotel soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

This is a no frills place. Room was pretty sparse, but good enough for one night and the price at $50 was right. I stayed on a Monday--I suspect that the weekends may be on the wild side, but maybe not. I'm a female, traveling alone, so safety is a big deal for me--I felt very safe; there weren't many guests; doors have extra locks & a peep hole. The clerk's position behind glass kind of made me slightly nervous, but then I figured I was checking in at 10 p.m., the clerk was a young kid (female) and it is likely just for security at night. The desk during the day is a regular open hotel desk.

Pros: King size bed that was surprisingly comfortable, large TV with many cable channels, including HBO, fridge, microwave, coffee maker. Parking right outside my door. Reasonably quiet despite the proximity to I675. Friendly staff. Close to shopping, gas and the freeway.

Cons: Shower is tiny and I'm not that big at 5'6". Again, good enough for one night. No shampoo, but a couple of bars of soap. No box of tissue that I could find. Also, no extra blankets--though I didn't need one as I kept the heat kind of high for nighttime (71F). Free breakfast, which is kind of awful in taste and selection--IHOP is right next door.

I will probably stay here again in the future--it's near work and since I am a crazy commuter who lives about 65 miles from my employer, it's nice to know I can stay someplace that is just decent and not have to pay top dollar.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Beth1961
Hello Miss Beth1961,

We are using the comments from you our guests to implement necessary improvements to offer better services and accommodation for all our guests.

Our staff on duty will always be glad to attend to your needs. Please do not hesitate to call their attention should you need assistance or you may have concern on your next visit.
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

Enjoy Stay
Great place to stay for a great price, compared to expensive hotel. This hotel was great. They have big lcd t.v. some people say that the coffee machines are hard to use but they are easier than the regular coffee machines. They have dvd players in rooms and I enjoyed watching my movies. I paid a little bit extra money for memory foam bed and it was comfortable to sleep on and room was also quiet and good location.
I will definitely stay there again this is my home away from home. I recommend this hotel to all my friends and everybody else. try there new memory foam bed

Room Tip: Request for memory foam bed (room) in advance. It get filled up pretty fast.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jaymil18
Hello Jamil18,

We are glad to have satisfied your lodging needs in our hotel, thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your positive feedback motivates our team and stay committed in working closely to provide value servcies to our guests.

We appreciate and value your business.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

I read a lot of review and i thought this place was going to be horrible. My room is actually on the second row of the hotel, by the laundry so i guess i got lucky. The only bad thing that i didn't like is that they had some shady looking ppl stay there at times, maybe cuz i'm a solo traveler so i'm a bit extra cautious..other than that i had no problems. I stayed here for 2 weeks, for $222/wk it was a great deal. They had wifi, cable tv, fridge, a small gym, and the rooms are sound proof..one of the best rooms i've had, and i travel all the time (my biggest pet peeve is rooms that have thin walls). I didn't really hear my neighbors, and the location is pretty quiet. Room is very clean, towels kind of old, blanket also kind of old, of course it's not a 4 star hotel. But if you are looking for a descent place to stay with no over the top expectations, then this place is excellent. the location is also great..near a strip of shopping centers, walmart, meijer, all the food places u can think of and I-675.

I can compare this to Ramada Inn, in Saginaw because i also stayed here..The hotel is a little loud for me. I suppose it depends on where your room is..mine is by the elevator, near the ice machine..and i can hear it when ppl fill their ice bucket all the time. I can also hear my neighbor talk in the hallway or watch tv. So for the extra $$ i payed to stay here, i'd rather stay at Knights Inn.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank sojourner_am
Harrietta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

We booked the room, THEN read the reviews and I was kind of worried. Yes, it is an older hotel and I'm not saying that what happened to the other reviewers didn't happen. I can only tell you how our trip went. Our room was nice and clean. The towels are not high quality and the blankets are old enough that they should be replaced. Other than that, we didn't find the beds hard and slept just fine. There were plenty of pillows, 3 on each bed. We had neighbors, but no one was noisy. No trouble getting WiFi reception and used it alot. Didn't eat breakfast there, because it ended so early. Room was cold when we first entered, but warmed up quickly. Liked having microwave and fridge in room. Some said there was no coffee maker or clock. We had both and we had plenty of coffee for the coffeemaker. Location was close to SVSU where our daughter goes to college so we are planning on staying there again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nan2k
London, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2010

We checked into this motel based on all the 'hype' of newly renovated rooms. Upon arrival in the room I went to use the bathroom to find pubic hairs on the floor and a a shirt, shorts and underwear belong to the previous male occupant. I was completely grossed out. I brought the items to the front desk and the front desk clerk acted as though it was really no big deal at all. We had no where else to go and were forced to stay the night. That evening my vehicle was keyed in the parking lot...coincidence???

I would not recommend this motel unless they invest in some updates and a better cleaning staff.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Saginaw hotels

Milwaukie, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

Using their billboard advertisement , etc. & looking for an inexpensive place close to Frankenmuth, MI, we checked in here. Their advertising with the travel center, etc. stated all new rooms. What a dump! The mattress was sagging. Looked like blood splashed on the ceiling, etc. Burlap sacks would have been easier to dry with after a mediocre shower than the cloths draped over the towel bars. Paid the same price there as we paid for nice rooms at Best Western & Choice hotels. Stay away....far away!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple