“Best Chocolate covered Cake Donuts in Town”

Golden Brown Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Saint Joseph
Description: This is a second location for the store, main store is in South Haven
Reviewed 29 February 2016

If you want good baked goods, stop here. The chocolate cake donuts are the best in the area and their Danish (especially almond) melt in your mouth. It's a great stop on a Saturday morning after walking the bluff in St. Joseph.

2  Thank Charles S
There are newer reviews for Golden Brown Bakery and Cafe

Reviewed 30 December 2015

Stopped in here and picked up a few items to take home with us after dining at a nearby restaurant along State Street. Upon entering you notice how limited the space is in the interior of the building. There would have been more available space except the small seating area for patrons was roped off, with a do not enter sign and what looked like caution tape. Okay, so there won't be any sit down to enjoy a cup of coffee and muffin. Instead, we selected a variety of muffins and some breakfast type breads to take home. The menu has offerings of soups, salads, and sandwiches that appear to be prepared on site. Our visit was near to closing time so the two gals working the counter were likely ready to go home after a long day. I say that because their level of energy was rather subdued and therefore customer service was similarly, and negatively, affected. How excited should someone act when selling coffee, muffins, and cookies to tourists? I am not sure, but when I feel like my patronage is considered a nuisance my motivation is to find an alternate place to spend my money on nonessential items like these. The Chocolate Café is just down the block, and even though they don't prepare their own, similar, offerings on site, their employees at least appear to serve customers with enthusiasm. The items we purchases were delicious and certainly the quality and freshness expected of an old fashioned bakery.

1  Thank magnariderv45
Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

Everything we've had has been great. I get our bread there. The donuts and baked goods are great. We get soup to-go on a regular basis.

Reviewed 4 October 2015

really good sweet rolls love the pineapple also they have wonderful apple dumpling that have a fantastic glaze over them/

Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

Adorable little bakery. They had a full selection of Italian butter cookies pastries and then little to go items.

They have indoor seating along with a couple of benches outside.

I only had one butter cookie is I am planning on eating my way down the block.

The cookie was delicious.