“So Fresh”
Review of Ban Thai

Ban Thai
Ranked #20 of 105 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Phone number is (269) 983-2989.
Description: Phone number is (269) 983-2989.
Reviewed July 19, 2016

The server was so friendly. The food wash very fresh-tasting and delicious and I felt it was healthy too. Great little place for lunch or dinner. I like that they have many options for vegetarians.

Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

This place was well below our standards. Food and service were not good. Multiple mistakes and the food was sooo salty. I'm not sure how this place is ranked so high in food quality... Maybe we got them on an off night, but we won't be back. I was hoping for so much more!

Reviewed April 21, 2016

If you love thai, you NEED to go here!

When we first arrived, the one person attending the customers let us know that it might be a little while before he was able to get to us. DON'T let this scare you off! It took 5-10 minutes before he was able to get us our waters and take our orders, but the food came extremely fast once he put the orders in. The waiter (maybe the owner?) was very friendly even though he was rushing around and trying to take care of everyone in the restaurant.

I had the curry fried rice with chicken and it was heavenly. It was beautifully presented as a mound of deliciousness and I couldn't stop raving to my friends about how good it was. My friends also raved about their food, too.

Also, the tablecloth had dinosaurs on it. If nothing else convinces you to come, that fact should!

There isn't much seating, though, so you may want to order out if you can.

Reviewed April 12, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for lunch, because we saw that they offer quite a variety of vegan options. We were so impressed with both the extremely service-oriented owner and the DELICIOUS Thai food. The restaurant is quite small, but clean, pleasant, and charmingly ornamented in Thai decorations. We were waited on promptly, and our food was served surprisingly quickly. If you let them know you want your food prepared vegetarian style, they will make sure everything is done right for that. We will make a point of returning to Ban Thai on future visits to St. Joseph.

1  Thank NeeSlo
Reviewed March 27, 2016

The Wife and I had been trying to stop in for a couple weeks, and finally got the opportunity to grab lunch.

I called to make sure they were open, and the owner explained that he would be, but had to close sharply at 1:30 in order to run to Chicago for supplies, and be back open for the evening rush.

The dining area is clean, neat, and Thai themed, but unpretentious, which is about all I am looking for, if the food is good.

I Had the Tom Kha, and the Wife got fried Rice, just as a quick light lunch.
Both were excellent, with fresh ingredients, and balanced very well.

We will be going back soon for an evening meal, and to try the Curried Crab.

The place is a Gem, that definitely warrants exploring the menu.

1  Thank Pat E